40

Soundwave stared at the form suspended in the much larger container

     Soundwave stared at the form suspended in the much larger container. It would twitch at odd moments, but never made any significant movement. He stared at himself, suspended within yellow liquid, not quite a gel but still thick. It was decided to keep the growing form within Darkmount, instead of on the Nemesis or Shockwave's quickly growing laboratory on Earth. Soundwave felt far more comfort in knowing (Y/N) was near, and not that far of a walk away. 

     He dared brush the thick glass with his thin digits, golden glow reflecting off his visor. The form within was curled into a fetal position, obscuring what possible view of the faceplate there could have been. From the beginning (Y/N)'s new faceplate had been hidden somehow, as if Soundwave's natural mystery was part of his CNA. (Y/N) would have all he did, from alternate form to his very features, as far as he knew. Soundwave understood that would be dangerous if she were to decide to refuse his gift. More like a plea, but she may not be comfortable with her new visage, so he made a visor exactly like his own. 

         :If she respects you, she will wear it.: Laserbeak told him through their cherished bond. :We are only fortunate you did not have to share a piece of your spark to... I guess jump start her.:

     Indeed. Shockwave had made a rather interesting discovery upon his inspection of his new project. 

         "She has no spark," he had noted, "however, I believe in the beginning the human and Soundwave were not connected, only thought and processed on the same wavelength."

         "Then there is no connection at all?" Knockout questioned, having been staring at the scans he had failed to find anything with.

         "Not until this anomaly developed." Shockwave took over the screen, much to Knockout's disagreement and brought up a completely different set of scans. Knockout noted they were to detect foreign energies but would not reveal any form of spark (Y/N) may have developed. Shockwave explained his research monotonously. "As your scans provided nothing, I had widened the search. As described and logged by the human's manufactured optics, a strand of the Matrix came in contact with her. She later touched Soundwave. This energy was what began the anomaly and their bond, however the blast from the stasis beam while she was aboard the Nemesis caused an energy surge which forced the energy from the Matrix to take refuge deeper in her organic form."

         "You lost me." Knockout frowned, finding difficulty in following the droning of Shockwave. It made science far less interesting.

         "In other words," Shockwave's words held a faint irritated edge to them as he spoke them slower, "the energy from the Matrix would grow with her body, as it has grown with her experience, and retreated to roughly where a spark would reside. From her manufactured optics to taking refuge in her chest cavity. Soundwave and the human were connected within the wavelength, and this piece of the Matrix acts as that bond and a spark of life."