34

"What do you mean, a reward?" Knockout huffed

         "What do you mean, a reward?" Knockout huffed. "For you: a fleshy?"

         "Megatron said it was appropriate. I am equally as confused, as I only did my duty."

     The medic only rolled his optics. (Y/N) was clearly not acting her humble disposition, and it only irked him more than he already was. The longer she stayed on the war ship the more alike her and Soundwave became. What was originally a mild tolerance of her turned into a loathing of her ability to accomplish anything, even by accident. She was a human for Primus' sake, she shouldn't even be alive, in his opinion.

         "And this reward is?" He questioned slowly, not even bothering to hide his peeved mood.

         "I was not informed," was the frustrating answer, "as I was given to you for safe keeping, I'd assume it's being prepared."

     What on Cybertron would take any amount of time to prepare for a miniscule human, Knockout had little idea of. 

     He had already made the necessary scans, but all had to take time to register, as he was looking for Cybertronian energies in a human. The medic and surgeon wouldn't be surprised if the scanner overloaded during one of his check-ups of the woman, trying to separate organic from Cybertronian anomalies. Still, it's what Megatron wants, and at least the scans would take a while on their own, and it wasn't just Knockout's procrastination. Though the CMO guessed he'd still be blamed, somehow

         "Safe keeping is hardly the word I'd use when in my presence." The mech grumbled.

         "Perhaps, but when it is your task given by Megatron, you can hardly avoid it."

     He almost preferred it if she were as silent as Soundwave. 

     He imagined the Third in Command would speak quite similarly; straight, to the point and only facts. Rather monotonously as well but not so gratingly frustrating as the late Shockwave's low tones. At least this human held some sort of difference when she spoke. Sometimes curiosity could be counted within the small fluctuations in her voice, irritation (though slight) but not much else. Perhaps surprise, if she was caught off guard. Small fluctuations in voice aside, her habit of stating the obvious truth which could simply be left unsaid was very irritating. 

They were reality checks Knockout would rather do without.

     His frustrations were not solely aimed at his current charge. The loss of Breakdown had greatly impacted him, more than he wanted to admit. His friend and confidant was a breath of fresh air -so to speak- from the usual Decepticon depression constantly surrounding him. It didn't suit his style, truly, and even (Y/N) knew that, though said nothing. Knockout was now surrounded by darkness, with no pun loving heavy hitter to make him smile from time to time. His only enjoyment now was the occasional torture to the Autobots and street racing. His own job, which he often adored, seemed grey and useless. Dull, even. His recent failures only made his mood worse, and the seemingly constant praise from Megatron to an idiotically fragile human was not making things any better.