11

Soundwave, instead of calling for Knockout and therefore interrupting his meeting with Megatron, took up the female into his servo and bridged to the medical bay

     Soundwave, instead of calling for Knockout and therefore interrupting his meeting with Megatron, took up the female into his servo and bridged to the medical bay. He displayed her onto the far to large medical berth before taking what he knew to be a properly adjusted scanner, allowing the red light to wash over her slowly after pulling off her parka. He did not move in any sort of hurry, watching his visor as the information appeared. 

     While he waited to see the problem, Laserbeak detached without an order, hovering over the human as he chirped his concern. Soundwave brushed his concern aside, claiming it was irrational, but the lack of problems coming from the scan made him realize his friend's worry was not to be so easily tossed to the back of his processor. 

     Unknowing of what to do, Soundwave was forced to simply watch this pained femme shake and sweat. (Y/N) had curled into herself, appearing to cover her false optics most of all as she panted and shook from some undeterminable reason. Only when she started to choke for air did Soundwave transform in the medical room then activate his still installed human form to straighten her out and place her head over her folded arm. He found it to be difficult as she began to fight against his attempts to help, but Laserbeak, using his own extendable appendages, helped to keep her still. 

         "Please-" (Y/N) wheezed, for once her face contorting into some expression, though pained. Her eyelids twitched, and Soundwave observed as hot tears and blood seeped through from beneath the lenses. "Take them out- take them out, please!" 

     Her wheezing did not keep Soundwave from understanding what she needed, and he scanned the lenses. (Y/N) still thrashed, but Laserbeak kept hold of her legs while Soundwave kept his knees on her shoulders, having flipped her to her back. He held her head in place with one hand while the other tapped at her lenses. (Y/N) flinched at each movement but truly began to panic when he started to twist the lenses, instinctively trying to worm away, but Laserbeak was doing his job well. 

     As Soundwave pulled the first lens out, a river of fluids ran freely, the same happening with the second lens. He finally turned her on her side again, keeping the eye closest to the floor open so the flowing yellow, clear and red liquid spilled out, the last of it being a milky white. Repeating this with the other eye, (Y/N) finally relaxed, no longer shaking, though she was pale and cold. Laserbeak hovered over his smaller master and the human. 

         :Master, she is very troubled.: Laserbeak informed through their bond, though Soundwave had guessed that much. :She is resting, her exhaustion runs deep. Shall we release her from this revealed misery?:

     Soundwave quickly halted Laserbeak's action of piercing this human's primary organ with the quick extending of his arm. He didn't think that was necessary. She would rest properly now, yes, and would wake up when her body deemed itself recovered. For now, he remained bent over her form, watching her eyes continue to weep the tank-wrenching liquid, but it was only a small stream from behind her closed lids, sunken in and lifeless. His unseen, shadowed face stared at this human femme. Wondering.

     Were those convulsions and shakes in her suspended cage that he had observed, episodes like these and not nightmares? The mumblings having been muffled calls for the pain to be ended? This human was truly idiotic if she thought such pressure so close to her central, squishy processing unit wouldn't cause immense harm if not taken care of. It would be unwise to continue with her new optics if this was a recurring dilemma that had no solution. (Y/N) at least informed him of the more important details she assumed he had not deducted, so why not tell him about this? Or at least Knockout.

     There was only one explanation, and that was she didn't know. So, after almost four months, at least, maybe more, of having these lenses screwed into her skull, she had no inkling of the fluid buildup, slowly putting pressure in the confines of her skull. These lenses were airtight and didn't allow for that fluid to leak out. They were also made of a sterile metal, meaning they were unlikely to rust for a long time if at all. She had described them as the saving of her eyesight after being targeted. Soundwave wondered if it just wasn't another attempt on her life. What did she know that made her such an important target to take out? And so slowly but potentially efficient at that? 

         :Shall I search out Knockout?: Laserbeak questioned, but received a shaking of Soundwave's head, who stood, and looked to the awaiting optics Knockout had left with little thought to put them away safely. He then recalled that (Y/N) had never cried until the fluids behind her lenses had built up to the point of harming her, meaning she had not cried in a long time, or she had but the fluid fell back into her eye sockets. A slow and painful death, really, but it would have been sufficient since she seemed unable to take out the lenses herself. Soundwave simply used unproportionate strength in his human form to crack the metal seal. Or so he guessed. 

     Taking one of the lenses, the mech examined it. A vent sighed from above, but it mattered little, being activated to cool a part of the ship. He saw the exposed vent's reflection, then turned the lens upside down, tracing the seal he had broken. It was clearly not meant to have been twisted out, though it had been screwed in place with molten metal at the edge to seal it. He observed the wires that had been previously twirled to connect to something else, now frayed and bent in odd angles, saturated in the disgusting liquid from the human femme's eye sockets. Since (Y/N) had not screamed, he assumed the extraction of these wires had not damaged anything important. Still, it bothered the mech with how she did not believe this pain to have been a concern until now if it had begun before she gave up her energon to them. 

     Deciding to examine the actual lens, Soundwave scanned it and took it apart in his processor, a form of imagination, so to speak. He realized how absurd its design was. This shouldn't have helped her see like she so claimed. 

         :So this human has lied?: Laserbeak was kept within Soundwave's mental loop of his findings. :Then she would be blind, and yet she has seen this entire time we've known of her?:

     Soundwave was just as puzzled, collecting the other lens and examining it as well, but this one was built differently from the inside. He applied the effect to his own holographic form and realized just how relieved (Y/N) was when the low light of the Nemesis suddenly brightened as if a low sunlight illuminated it, though the view was blurry, and he felt it was merely a dream state. Soundwave disliked the effect, so deactivated it. At least now he understood that the lenses simply amplified shadows and light, connecting this effect to (Y/N)'s brain. How that was achieved, he was sure Knockout could hardly wait to find out.

         "By the Allspark- A perfectly good specimen and you murder her?!"

     The Decepticon TIC was hoping he wouldn't have to explain this current scene to the medic, but Primus was clearly not on his side.