42

"Welcome to the Decepticons

         "Welcome to the Decepticons." Megatron grinned wickedly as the joining of (Y/N) to the Decepticons was broadcasted throughout the Nemesis. It was considered a worthy occasion to earn Megatron's full attention and approval and to be made known to the whole of his army. "According to your dedication and work in my sight, you have earned the rank of Secondary Third in Command and shall remain by Soundwave's side."

     Taking his momentary pause as the cue to clap, the room made a quiet cacophony of clinking metal against metal as the small crowd applauded their new Commander's achievement. Very few thought it was appropriate to give this human-turned-Cybertronian such an honor, but no one had the bravery or stupidity to argue.

         "And with a new identity shall come a new name!" Megatron continued, about to announce the femme's new designation, chosen by the great war lord himself, only to be interrupted by the hideous sound of her vocalizer.

         "With all due respect, lord Megatron," she grated out, "I request to decline such an honor for my name's reminder of what I was."

     She said as little as possible, but her voice was heard by the whole of the war ship, and the air was tense as everyone became both disturbed by her unfinished voice, and mildly disappointed that it was obviously the human's voice that would have emanated from her vocals and not Soundwave's. Not many aboard the Nemesis had heard the silent Decepticon's voice, as most who might have heard it on Cybertron perished. Megatron was clearly the more surprised.

     Not only had the new femme spoken out of turn, but she had also declined a most generous and honorable action. Soundwave made no motion that he was surprised or appalled by her decision, but Megatron guessed he had already known of the femme's choice.

         "Ever the humble one." He chuckled darkly. "Rise, (Y/N), and join your Commanding Officer."

     Starscream straightened, his expression proud as he watched the femme near him. His jaw fell slack when she passed him without a second thought, standing just behind Soundwave, acting as his shadow. He growled at the femme, glaring at her as if she were hiding behind the loyal Communications Officer.

         "(Y/N) shall be treated is a high-ranking officer aboard this vessel, and off." Megatron announced, but the Vehicon troops who listened knew they would not have to hard of a time. Soundwave was terrifying to have around, looming over them. Having two was petrifying. Treating them both as if they were the same being would be the better decision. 

     Megatron waved for his two favored soldiers to come near, and they stood side by side for him to examine. Nearly identical, Megatron took note that Soundwave held Laserbeak, most likely for the sole purpose to tell them apart. 

         "Your first mission as a single unit is to search and retrieve the remaining Predacon bones, left on Earth ages ago. I await your first success, (Y/N)."

     Soundwave led the way through the corridors of the Nemesis and to Shockwave's new domain. It was far smaller than that of Darkmount, but the scientist made do and did not dare complain. He wouldn't either way, as complaining about his predicament and lack of more workspace would not have improved his situation and was also illogical. The crazed and seemingly emotionless being had monitored (Y/N) for a time before deeming her fit for field work. She had experienced his full personality, or lack of, and confided in Soundwave that she believed Shockwave to not lack feelings, but a conscience. Soundwave had merely nodded and continued his work.

         "My congratulation." Came the scientist's low droning. "I have been informed by Megatron that your voice box shall not be repaired, until you have earned such a reward."

     Soundwave frowned behind his visor. This was not agreed upon between him and his leader, and the lithe Decepticon did not believe (Y/N)'s ability to speak should be held above her helm like some goal she must reach. Her statement to this unexpected term surprised him.

         "I have no need of it." She shook her helm. "As Soundwave is, I shall remain silent, unnoticeable and unacknowledged."

         :That's hardly been the case of late.: Laserbeak huffed within his bond to Soundwave, who sent a poke of mild amusement at his statement.

     True to her word, (Y/N) remained silent throughout Shockwaves miner scans and tests to further affirm the femme's status as fit for her new responsibilities. They couldn't afford a malfunction, not when finding the Predacon fossils was as imperative as it was. She used recordings or simply nodded to answer any questions, as Soundwave did. The silence of both beings startled Knockout when he entered, running into Soundwave (at least he believed it was Soundwave), and having two visors stare at him as if he had insulted them with his very presence. The mech chuckled nervously with a hesitant wave before slipping past the twins and retrieving whatever tool he had forgotten, then left.

     Soundwave turned to look at his shadow, as Megatron had properly dubbed the femme, about to use the newly set up messaging link he had manufactured, but she needed no order as she slid off the vertical berth and stood by his side. They peered at each other before looking to Shockwave and nodding in unison before turning and stepping out of the lab in perfect synchronization.

     Shockwave, at first, had thought nothing of it, having only heard the stories explained by Megatron and even Starscream of the two's strange connection. Rumors floated around the Vehicon rec-rooms, but the scientist paid little heed to gossip. It was rarely factual. However, with the development of (Y/N)'s body, and Soundwave's growing infatuation at the time of her dormancy, he had grown increasingly curious, and wary. Soundwave had become overly protective, albeit at a distance, often locking the lab door unless an authorized party approached. His many visits to the femme worried their leader that he may fall behind in his duties, but Soundwave seemed to understand this and had been ahead in his duties since the beginning of (Y/N)'s transformation. The scientist wasn't sure if their connection would be beneficial, but he hadn't quite encountered this kind of synchronization, even in split spark twins. 

     The matter worried him little, at that moment. The cyclops was far more focused on locating his oldest creation's whereabouts for their bones to be retrieved. The mech did not let his emotions take hold often, but the excitement he felt was unmistakable. He felt it logical to act on it as he left for the oil fields of which his beloved creation had been buried beneath.