29

"The war ship is down thanks to Bulk, and (Y/N) is the one who got to see it?" Miko pouted, folding her arms as the taller woman smiled sheepishly

         "Sorry Miko- I would have brought a souvenir but we were more worried about getting out of there alive."

     The two were forgiven, of course, though (Y/N) guessed it was the long pause that reminded Miko of her false condition. Pity was a wonderful, moldable tool. 

         "We should strike them now, while they're vulnerable." Arcee suggested, and the others were eager to do just that.

     (Y/N) had been very surprised by Bulkhead's smart thinking in damaging (basically blowing up) the Nemesis' main engine. They were grounded, for the time being, and (Y/N) felt at fault for it. Soundwave's reputation was at stake because of her. If Megatron didn't take this out on him then he'd certainly take it out on her. Then again, maybe Soundwave wouldn't tell him it was their choice to keep the bulky 'Bot on board and unnoticed? It wouldn't do him any good to tell Megatron the truth of how an Autobot managed to sneak onboard. Albeit it was more or less an accident.

         "If we're going to strike, it should be sooner rather than later. I'm detecting a very large energy spike!" Ratchet announced, and the team prepared themselves, Optimus giving Bumblebee the Spark Extractor. 

     (Y/N) wished more than ever that they'd take her with, just to warn Soundwave. Ratchet was not going to let that happen, however, and she frowned when they all left through the swirling portal that cut through space. Miko tried to run after it once Fowler had left, but (Y/N) was in a sour mood so didn't let her. Instead, the three children and one adult watched the monitor in anticipation. 

         "Something's wrong," the oldest human fretted, "I can feel it."

     Ratchet glanced at the woman warily. She had not proven adept to predicting ominous happenings, but the statement had forced shivers up his spinal strut. Her false optics shone brightly, though they were pointed at the monitor, and he wondered about the woman. She was perfect for their team as an ally. (Y/N) had been helpful in many situations, such as bringing Orion Pax back to them. Somehow. She had certainly been the most tolerable human, next to June Darby, Jack's mother, and her story was a sad one. Yet she had lived and seemed all the more resilient for it. Bumblebee had explained how she simply jumped from Megatron's helm to Optimus' shoulder. Ratchet considered it a bit stupid but clearly, she knew her way around a battlefield, and what to use to her advantage. 

         "(Y/N)," Ratchet began, "do you remember anything about your past?"

     The question had caught her off guard as she turned slowly, head tilted as a puppy would have. Her hair swayed to the one side as she thought slowly with the head movement.

         "No, not really." Her optics glittered with a faint curiosity. "Do you have a suspicion?"

         "A small one," he nodded, "but I'm afraid it may be null and void."