49

:Irrational

         :Irrational.: Soundwave told his dearest friend and Minicon. The avian's nervousness relieved, but his embarrassment was still strong.

         :I know,: he sighed through their bond, :but we've been together for so long, and (Y/N)'s a wonderful femme but I wasn't sure if you were comfortable with having a master and servant bond in common.:

     The mech merely sent a wave of amusement, and the assurance that if Laserbeak wished to have a master and servant bond with (Y/N), then he need not ask. However, Soundwave was glad his oldest friend held their relationship so close to his spark. It was a warming feeling to know he was the first thought on the Minicon's mind.

         :Soundwave,: Megatron ground out through the comm-link, :The Autobot medic is awake. I want both you and (Y/N) to greet him with me.:

     It was likely the Autobot would receive quite the shock, and Soundwave believed it rather foolish to reveal (Y/N)'s identity when they were trying to earn Ratchet's interest to help rebuild the Omega Lock. Then again, perhaps it did not matter. Ratchet had known Megatron almost as long as Optimus and would not be so easily persuaded through cheap lies and trickery. It may just be desperation to go home that makes the old mech comply.

     Sending a message to (Y/N), Soundwave informed her of where they needed to meet just outside the cell holding their honored guest (as Megatron would mockingly put it). He stepped from the computer terminal and strode down the halls, frowning when the quickest path was blocked by Vehicons. They were likely gossiping by their fanciful gestures and slow plodding. A useless past time. Turning down a different corridor, Soundwave caught a snippet of what they were speaking of from the echoes in the hall. Something about Megatron taking a liking to (Y/N).

         Soundwave rolled his unseen optics. What an absurd notion.

     He arrived at the door to Ratchet's large cell. It was really just the underbelly of the war ship, but the medic didn't know that. Not many Autobots had the honor of a tour either, which Megatron was planning. (Y/N) arrived in just the same manner, both facing their leader, who stared at them before looking to Starscream as he strode closer with his usual pomp. Megatron hummed his satisfaction before turning to the door and they all entered in single file.

         "Ratchet," Megatron stepped in first, "a pleasure to see you well."

         "To bad I can't say the same." He grumped, earning a low chuckle from his enemy. Ratchet watched as Starscream stepped to the side, glaring harshly at Soundwave, his optics widening as the mech appeared to split in two. "What-"

         "Ah, yes, you never got to see our little magic trick." Megatron grinned threateningly. "Isn't it exquisite? Two completely different beings coming together in perfect synchronization. Their very lives, they now share."

     (Y/N) smiled softly behind her visor, (E/C) gaze soaking in the confused expression of the medic who had taken such a begrudging liking to the human species. At least he begrudgingly grew to like the three children and Fowler, perhaps June as well. His bright cyan gaze flicked from her and Soundwave to Megatron, angry glare waiting for an answer to the war lord's riddling. The Decepticon leader hummed his amusement as Ratchet felt lost as to what he meant.