5

"My division was known as Sector 7, though it doesn't exist anymore

         "My division was known as Sector 7, though it doesn't exist anymore." (Y/N) stated, shoving a spoonful of what looked more like human brain matter than the 'cereal' she claimed it to be.

     Soundwave had arrived in the early morning, before the sun even rose. He found this strange human tampering with the hidden energon lines in the rock. He still was unknowing of her dwelling's entrance, but he had not asked. He did not trust this human and sending Laserbeak seemed too risky now that she always appears to be awake. He wondered if this human rested.

         "After the attempt on my life I hunted the members down and now they're six feet under. Or one with the Allspark, by your terms." 

Soundwave already understood her human terms, but she didn't know that.

         "We were in charge of energy research. Energon was a primary subject, the only subject, really. As the Second in Command of my group I knew everything our leader did, but having a different perspective meant I had my own opinions, whether it was known or not. I did my own research and even hid my own little secrets. Something told me I'd need this place myself, so I never reported the location. M.E.C.H. wishes it knew how much I know now, but I can tell you what I gave them."

Silence, the usual answer from the Decepticon TIC.

         "They know energon is toxic to organic matter, it's easily combustible in any form and can power any machine when filtered correctly."

         -/And what/do you know/-

Soundwave was admittedly more interested in this than his original question of M.E.C.H.'s intelligence. He had to wait the usual long pause before she answered.

         "I know it can be pressurized and heated to create a hard blast of potentially fatal energy, hence how you are all able to shoot without bullets." (Y/N) picked through a toolbox, now finished with her measly meal. She then fished out a multicolored sugary stick and sucked on it, staring up at the sky. For a minute she counted the fading stars before continuing. "It's also not as potent in liquid form, but there are different levels of potency. Its most raw form is just solid." She bit the piece and stuffed the rest into her coat pocket, apparently not worried about lint or dirt.

     Wondering if she had done this research within the three months or however long she was with M.E.C.H., Soundwave began to pick apart her story. There had been no holes or changes in her tale so far, but she was very good at giving straight to the point but minimal information. It made the story sound complete. It may take longer than the week Knockout predicted to get all possible information from her by simply meeting her when it was convenient. The human holograms were apparently going to be easier to construct than Soundwave had expected.

         "Also, I've found its signal can be easily masked by layers, minerals and lead." (Y/N) noted. "I'll show you my entrance, if you'd like."

     Soundwave gave a slow nod; having thought he'd have to search for this small entrance. What sane human would simply show him their front door? Willingly, first of all. Second of all, when she doesn't have anywhere else to run. She knew the difference between Autobots and Decepticons (a conversation they had earlier), yet she held no fear of being crushed for her energon supply by the very Decepticon Third in Command. Perhaps she knows if given willingly there would be no need to offline her short life, but Megatron was known for being cruel towards others, taking pleasure in it. 

         Did this human somehow think she'd be an exception?

     (Y/N) had slipped behind a gathering of stones, like an avalanche of rock had slipped to one side. Her titan follower peeked over the edge of the fallen slate and watched the rock covered entrance open on the rusty hinges he had guessed about before. The human then turned the hatch to the side abruptly and the dark void gave way to a haunting blue glow. Clearly it was a failsafe in case the hatch was found. It had appeared caved in earlier.

         "The entrance and exit," she stated, "There is one escape route, but it's built to detonate my home once I reach the outside world."

     Soundwave made no move, simply staring as he approved of her design.

         -/Family/- He decided to question, guessing it was a sore topic since she had not said anything of the sort. Then again, she only answered what was asked.

         "Dead." Was her deadpan answer. "To be with M.E.C.H. I had to disappear. My parents went looking for me, and I was informed they had been killed because I had not tied my own loose ends. In truth they were nowhere near finding me and our leader at the time just wanted to test my loyalty. I watched their funeral from a drone."

         -/Records/Of existence/-

Soundwave couldn't quite find the proper recordings to ask his question but this he hoped would do. In truth, he held little care for her parental units and their fates.

         "An obituary and private school records in South Dakota. If they haven't been deleted than you'll most likely find some voting information and college enrollment."

This satisfied the mech, who seemed to stare as he thought. 

     Both beings, one strikingly smaller to the other, stared. Expressionless, motionless and showing no indication of leaving. Soundwave only made the move to stand once his joints were sending the signals of being too stiff and strained to hold for much longer. The human woman stepped out into his sight once more, just as silent. 

     Soundwave was admittedly intrigued by her traits, formed by her cut alliance with M.E.C.H. and now over three months of solitude. From what he had compiled of the illegal group, Soundwave understood that they, too, were quite solitary. (Y/N) clearly liked her solitude, and he connected this with the late Decepticon Scientist, Shockwave. There were clearly many differences and there was no other connection made, but Soundwave could connect her mannerisms (what he had witnessed so far) to many other bots. It was a bit insulting to anyone but even with the Vehicon drones he compared her. Mostly her mental slowness, or what he assumed to be a mental slowness. Soundwave wondered what this human would do once her energon storage is depleted by the Decepticons.

         "You've been still for longer than normal." 

     Looking down, Soundwave noted this quite quickly. He had no other, immediate reasons to linger, and although (Y/N) held no indication she was annoyed or amused by his lingering presence, he knew he had overstayed his absence on the Nemesis. In fact, this human femme held her usual, wide lensed, blank stare.

         "The sun will be up soon. I'm sure you have other business. By all means, return and ask more questions, or return with help to extract your energon. My energon veins are small, so it may be wise to bring proper supplies."

     What she meant by this; Soundwave was unsure. He felt she was not giving all the information again, but Laserbeak, attached to his chest plating, was in need of energon. They both were since Soundwave had taken care of other matters before coming to this human's mountain. The fact she willingly called it their energon so suddenly troubled him. This was beginning to look to easy. 

Far too easy.