27

Soundwave felt frustration, but he hid it well

     Soundwave felt frustration, but he hid it well. It was not every day someone managed to wiggle beneath his nerves and dig up such useless feelings, but Arachnid was one to try his seemingly everlasting patience. He already knew after forcing her to yield that the femme would target his well-known reputation, and the recent rumors reeked of her sabotage (though they mattered little). Anger was another word that appeared in his processor, as well as exasperation. He didn't need this on top of his other duties, but he refused to complain. Complaining was another useless waste of his energy and time.

     The mech halted in front of his door, checked the cameras for loiterers, then entered. He welcomed the sight of the many growing plants in his quarters, noting they all were well off and not in need of water quite yet. The compost needed stirred, however. Soundwave had come to terms with the idea of keeping these plants, even if (Y/N) perished during one of her misadventures. They would prove useless afterwards, but for once he welcomed such a distraction. It was enjoyable to watch over something, make it thrive and produce. He had begun to collect seeds and dry them. Soundwave even organized them into their own containers he collected (and sanitized) from a human disposal site. 

         :(Y/N) to Soundwave:

     The mech halted his work, having activated his human form. If (Y/N) was contacting him, she was out of range of the Autobot base, and had something of importance. He only hoped she was well away from Autobot audio.

         :The Seeker Dreadwing is currently holding Bulkhead hostage. Optimus Prime and Wheeljack are also in the area. If this is of importance, I suggest taking action. If not, then I await any orders Megatron may have for me while I'm in the vicinity.:

     Truly resourceful, the lithe mech decided to call her, and left his small leisure to announce this knew development to Megatron. The silver titan was on his usual march to his own quarters, albeit a slow one as he brooded. He welcomed the interruption in his path as Soundwave replayed (Y/N)'s earlier message, only to growl at Dreadwing's disobedience.

         "Tell her to stay out of his way. If Dreadwing is so intent on learning his folly of facing the Prime, then let him. Optimus is not so easily thwarted as he seems to think." The leader turned on his heel strut and stalked back to the bow of the Nemesis.

     Soundwave obeyed, merely clipping the audio and sending the recording to their human ally. He received no response in return, but it was not something to worry about. The message sent, and it had not come back as failed. He doubted he needed to keep an optic on her, but if Dreadwing was wanting to avenge his lost twin, then he wouldn't much care for the well-being of their tiny but useful ally. She was smart enough to inform them of this unfortunate development, and Knockout was still diligently working on the Synthetic Energon, not to mention a previous alert of Knockout and Breakdown having trouble retrieving the Forge of Solus Prime. Yes, (Y/N) was very proficient at her work and did well to remain behind the scenes. 

         Much like Soundwave.

     The purple mech followed his leader from behind, not being acknowledged but Megatron still knew of his presence. The gladiator knew well how to observe his surroundings, even if he was not directly looking. Of course, not everyone can pay attention to their back, and Soundwave did not wish for Arachnid to attempt anything. It was not a lack of trust in his leader's skills, but a respect that made Soundwave want to keep unwanted nuisances from troubling his master.

         "Send Laserbeak to watch the fight." Came the rather unexpected order from the war lord. "More specifically, to watch what our human femme does in response to a Decepticon not knowing of her ties to me."

     Soundwave was unsure about the command but followed orders. Laserbeak was sent through a groundbridge, his whistle unnoticed by the mechs and single human femme below. She had apparently been hiding between the metal crates of a shipyard with Optimus. (Y/N) soon caught sight of the avian-like Minicon, but paid no mind to him other than giving a subtle nod in acknowledgement of the earlier message.

         "She's proving resourceful." Megatron hummed as the computer screen displayed the battle, Soundwave having connected to the terminal with his well-used appendages once they reached the bow of the war ship. "The Autobots still protect her like she is an innocent bystander, even after that little stunt at the very core of her planet." The war lord chuckled darkly, watching the human being placed on the ground by Optimus in a safe place as Dreadwing neared and the Prime scaled the magnetic crane.

         -/Shall we/Intervene/- Soundwave inquired.

         "No, let Dreadwing taste this defeat. It will be a valuable lesson."

     And let him they did. Laserbeak remained high in the air, unnoticed by the Autobots and Dreadwing as they lifted the heavy magnet from him, and the Seeker defused the bomb stuck to Bulkhead's chassis. It was then that the heavier flier caught sight of the human hiding behind the metal base of the crane. Dreadwing remained sober as his detonation device beeped at the touch of his digit, and the cargo yard behind the Autobots began to erupt. The Seeker lunged after the human behind the metal leg of the crane, only to find her missing, as if she had not existed at all. He transformed and made his getaway, spying a glance as the human appeared once more in his peripheral, before flying back to the Nemesis.

     When he arrived, the blue and gold Seeker bowed before his master as the beginning of his apology.

         "I will assume you met my double agent, when you had lunged for nothing before coming back to my ship." Megatron ignored whatever apology Dreadwing may have given. This was going to be far more interesting than useless words of his regret.

         "Your double agent, my lord?" Dreadwing remained kneeling, but his helm had raised in interest.

         "The human that I'm sure has vexed your thoughts on the way back." He turned to face his loyal pawn. "She is the one who alerted me of your little escapade." The computer revealed the earlier recorded battle, first showing a close up of Dreading, then of (Y/N) being hidden by Optimus at the base of the crane.

         "Her optics do not look human." Dreadwing finally stood, his previously wondering thoughts being confirmed from the glowing blue of this human femme's optics.

         "Yes, Knockout manufactured her optics. She was practically blind when we found her, and it was a setback for my purposes to keep her." Megatron answered, "I believe her designation is (Y/N), if memory serves me right." 

     Soundwave noted the new use of her name. (Y/N) was certainly winning their leader's respect. For a human this was certainly a very impressive feat, though somehow Soundwave was not completely unexpecting of this outcome. He was not surprised as Megatron gave the good report of their ally, nor as he explained her genius in her role while watching over Orion Pax. She was a very proficient tool, one Megatron apparently hoped to keep around for a while longer.