37

Soundwave wondered how she could be so passive about the death and torture of her own species

     Soundwave wondered how she could be so passive about the death and torture of her own species. It wasn't a surprise nor a concern, as he was similar, but she mentioned nothing of the younger human mech of Optimus Prime's team at the alluding of his demise. It did not happen, and it was impossible to tell if (Y/N) was relieved after the event, but her look of annoyance had suggested otherwise when the hot stream of the satellite passed above his house.

     This wasn't his main interest, however. He was not able to find camera footage of her and Megatron's conversation, yet they had most likely spoken in the main control room once she was bridged to the Nemesis. It was frustrating, and Soundwave knew they must have spoken considering the time it took, however small, for him to reach the war ship.

     This was his reason for staring at the woman watering her precious flora. He was sure she could feel his stare but showed no signs of becoming uncomfortable or even slightly curious as to why he was staring. He wondered if she knew what he wanted to hear and was simply ignoring him. Why she would purposefully be so foolish as to annoy him, he had not the slightest inkling of an answer. Therefore, it was not likely the case.

         "We seem to read each other's minds at times," she finally spoke, "but sometimes there is only a vague knowing of what we are thinking, I believe." (Y/N) placed the watering can back in its place before turning to stare back at her guardian. "There is something you don't know and wish to know. I cannot pinpoint what it is exactly."

     Soundwave displayed her going into the groundbridge, then of her being held in Megatron's palm. The woman nodded after a short bought of thought, connecting the dots and the hints she received through their strange and uncanny connection.

         "Megatron wished to speak to me about his earlier discussion with C.Y.L.A.S. Well, I had inquired first. I asked if I was really worthy enough to be put in the same sentence as you, his Third in Command and most trusted."

     He could sense no hubris within her words, merely the facts. She was truly baffled when Megatron had compared her to Soundwave's track record, even though hers was far smaller. Her accomplishments were hardly enough to create even a proper resume, by Cybertronian standards, and she understood that. It only made her confusion grow, which was quite amusing. Soundwave made no urge for her to continue but he hoped she would elaborate.

         "He said I am not." Which would be expected. After all, the leader was only trying to get on C.Y.L.A.S.'s nerves. "However, he did admit to tolerating my presence, and that if I was able to live long enough, I might at least have been a very well-fitting shadow." Her optics roamed the visor of the mech staring back, energon blue glow a pinprick of frightful color against the green, purple and gold behind her. They were calculating and focused, examining the faceless Decepticon who's features are easy to memorize, yet mesmerizing. "Unfortunately, a human cannot live up to that standard."

     Soundwave couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at the truth. He would have enjoyed watching her rise above expectations, even his own.