39.

Grey.

Recap

"Alpha we have news!"

"What is it?"

"We might have found where they are keeping her"

And now...

"Might?" I barked at the pup in front of me while he cowered.

"We- wel-"

I pushed past him and made a beeline for the control room.

"Somebody tell me what is going on stat!"

One of the men, Mike, stood up, "Well, Alpha we had been trying to trace then from our end but like in the security footage, it seemed like they just vanished into thin air. So we decided to try from their end."

We asked people to let us know any house or area in their town that was secretive and large because we figured the chosen one would have a sort of pack house or something for his followers."

"We've been getting all sorts of tips but they didn't fit the description but finally we got one yesterday and even though the newer maps don't show it, the older ones point out that area as Shadow Pack territory. And there have been reports of suspicious activity in a house there over the past few weeks" he finished.

Mason and Ryan had joined us somewhere during the story and we're standing behind me, "Well why the fuck are you wolves still sitting on your haunches doing nothing!"

My heart thumped wildly in my chest

Could we really have found her??

"Tell the warriors to get ready, we're leaving in five minutes!"

Mason touched my shoulder, "Grey shouldn't we have a plan?"

I brushed him off, "No time."

"It's not smart to go rushing there without a plan!"

"Look! Every second my mate spends with those people, her life is in danger! I am not going to waste more time trying to figure out a plan. If you don't want to come then stay here but do not slow me down!"

He looked at me for a while, "Of course I'm coming"

I nodded shortly, "Then get the fuck ready"

Everybody rushed around and were packed into the truck in time. Me, Ryan, Mason, and one of the people from the control room, Mike, got into another truck and the journey began.

The journey took six hours, and most people were already asleep seeing as we had travelled through the night.

"Wake the fuck up!" I screamed through mindlink.

I heard groans as the lazy wolves jumped awake. We had gotten to thee town where the supposed house was but hadn't yet gotten to the house. I cursed as the sun rose higher and higher on the horizon, I would have much preferred doing this at night. The dark was an intruder's best friend.

"Turn right here", Mike's voice came from the back.

I turned and we continued on for a while until he suddenly shouted "Stop!" and I jerked the car to a halt.

"I apologise Alpha but we have to stop here. The house is two blocks away but we have to cover the rest on foot".

I communicated the new development to the wolves in the other truck and everybody came out of the trucks.

The house was surrounded by tall trees and it seemed like to perfect place to hide someone but but as we got closer, it felt wrong. It was a warehouse, tall and non-descript.