18.

Gracie.

Grey was gone before I woke up on Monday morning, same thing the day before.  I was looking forward to school today...or more accurately, I was looking forward to seeing Grey. My boyfriend. My boyfriend, Grey.

A smile crept unto my lips as I remembered that I now had a boyfriend. Me! Tamara Grace who was afraid to even touch a boy a few weeks before.

Just thinking about Grey made me giddy. I remembered he was picking me up that morning, so, I hurried into the bathroom and did my business, emerging wrapped in a towel.

I looked into my wardrobe, I wanted to wear something different today. It was late October but because it almost never snowed in this tiny town in Georgia, the weather was still a bit warm.

I eyed the black suitcase at the bottom of my wardrobe, biting my lip. It contained clothes that my mother's younger sister; Aunt Charlie had bought for me over the years. She hardly ever visited us since we were always moving and my father disliked her.

He always said she was unruly and already taken over by the world. Anytime she visited, she always bought clothes for me and passed them to my without either of my parents knowing because they would never approve of the clothes.

My parents would call them short and revealing but they were just clothes normal girls my age would wear.

Did I really want to wear them?

I thought about Lily with her perfect hair and smile and made a snap decision.

I pulled the suitcase unto my bed and unzipped it. Rummaging through it, I found a pretty flowery dress with thin  straps and tried it on. It stopped just an inch or two below my fingertips. The thin straps exposed my collar bone and arms but when I looked in the mirror, I loved it. I looked normal and maybe even pretty.

I paired the dress with my brown knee-length boots and  packed the suitcase back up and returned it. I decided to leave my hair down for once and grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. My stomach lurched, my parents were going to throw a fit seeing me dressed like this.

I took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen. "Morning mum" I greeted.

She looked back from the burner where she was frying sausages and the fork in her hand dropped and clattered to the floor when she saw me.

"Tamara Grace" she was whispering, shocked "What- what are you wearing?"

"Just clothes, mum" I grabbed an apple and hurried to the door. I needed to be out of there before my father came down. "I have an early class! Bye!"

I walked quickly down the street, half expecting my mum to chase me. As I got to the corner, I saw Grey leaning on his car waiting for me. I felt a smile spread on my face and as if he sensed me, he looked up and then froze when he saw me. His eyes widened as he stared at me.

I started to feel self-conscious as I neared him. Did he not like my dress?

"Baby" he breathed when I reached him, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into him. "You look..."

"You don't like it?"

"What?" He stuttered "You look amazing, baby. You'd look amazing even if you were wearing a sack."

I blushed and slapped his chest playfully, stepping back from him. "We're going to be late, Grey"

"I don't mind" he said, pulling me back to him.

"I do! And somebody might see us!" I whisper-yelled.

"Fine fine" he laughed, raising his hands in surrender. He opened my door for me before going to get in himself.

He placed on hand on my lap as he drove, sending tingles up my body. He had become a lot more touchy since Saturday, the day he said I was his girlfriend...it was as if he always had to be touching me. I found it sweet.

Many eyes were on us as he opened my door for me when we got to school. It was like my first day here all over again. I would never get used to the attention.

A lot of boys were staring at me too and I immediately started second-guessing my outfit. Grey grabbed my bag and slung him arm other my shoulder. "Damn, baby. I might have to punch a few guys today."

"How do you deal with people always staring at you?" I was curious.

He shrugged "I don't know...you stop noticing after a while."

I wondered how long 'a while' was.

We got to my locker and he leaned on the one next to me, watching me as I put my stuff in.

"Yo! Graceballs! I missed you!"

I laughed as Ryan slammed into me, hugging me only to quickly let me go as a loud growl came from a certain person.

"Sheesh! I don't know why you haven't kicked him to the curb yet" He stage-whispered to me earning him a shove from Grey.

Grey pulled me to his side, wrapping his arms around my waist as if he was afraid somebody was going to snatch me away from him.

It was then that Ryan got a good look at me and let out a low whistle. "Wow! You look freaking-"

"Finish that sentence and you're dead" Grey interrupted.

Ryan smirked and the bell rang.

"Come on. I know you hate being late for class."

A boy was walking down the hallway. He was new certainly and very good-looking. Certainly not as hot as Grey but close. As he passed us, he shot me a smile and a wink.

Grey's body vibrated behind me.

"Calm down man" Ryan said.

"Who is he?"

Super short chapter. Just kind of a filler.