31.

Gracie.

"Hess law states that if a reaction can be carried out in a series of steps, the sum of the enthalpies for each step should equal the enthalpy change for the total reaction. This statement emphasizes the conservation not only of matter, but also of energy." Scott read aloud for the fifth time but it didn't make any more sense to me than it did the first time- none.

"Huh??"

"Fruits !"

"Just one more time, I promise"

He took a deep breath and read it again.

Nope.

He glared at me. "It's not my fault! Why do we have to do this exact topic anyway?"

"Our project has to be on thermochemistry. Hess law relates directly to that" Even though his words were filled with frustration, he seemed to be finding the whole thing amusing.

I heard the bell go and I sighed in relief, "Saved by the bell. See ya Scotty!"

I grinned as I grabbed my stuff. I'd hardly stood up when I felt Grey at my side.

Scott ignored him, "When are we studying again? This thing's due Tuesday"

Fudge, it was Thursday. "We'll spend the entire weekend studying I promise".

~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~~•••

It was late when we got to Grey's house...not having anything to do with the ice-cream cones I stopped to get.

"I'll be right back. I want to check on my mum" Grey kissed the side of my head before disappearing up the stairs.

His mum spent all her time in her room, a room that I had no idea of its location. I found it weird but then I was in a werewolf pack house.

Deciding that I wanted some Oreos, I found my way to the kitchen. I stopped when I noticed somebody already there. Her back was to me but she turned around immediately, sniffing until she spotted me.

"Hi!" Her waist-length red hair bounced as she waved. She was definitely younger than me by three, four years tops.

"Hi" I cautiously stepped in the kitchen. The werewolves I'd met so far either went from cold to hot pretty quickly and I didn't plan to anger one.
"I'm Tamara G-"

"Grace, yeah I know. I'm Lana" she smiled widely, the little crevices between each tooth black with specks of cream.

Some expression must have come up on my face because she wiped her grin and covered her mouth with her hand, "Oops, I just stole some Oreos"

Her voice was muffled by her hand but I definitely heard the sentence. That explained her teeth.

I grinned. I definitely liked her. "Could I get in on that?"

That's how Grey found us, hunched over the counter, our mouths stuffed.

Lana had sniffed him coming and we had hastily shoved the box into the cabinet but we couldn't chew and swallow fast enough.

"Five minutes and you're already corrupted, are you that easy Finely?" He teased.

"Fut ub!" My words were intelligible and I sprayed some of the black gunk on him and the counter at which point Lana started laughing, trying to swallow her Oreos, which got me laughing too.

Grey grabbed us both napkins just in time as we emptied our mouths into them, doubling up with laughter.

"You spray-" Lana would start before dissolving in another fit of laughter.

"And then y-" I would continue.

Then finally- finally, the laughing died down and we both drank a lot of water. Grey spent the entire time staring at us, his eyes dancing in amusement.

"Is this going to be a regular thing? Because a man needs more time to prepare for something like that"

And very maturely, I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Oreos. Really guys? Oreos??"

"Y- oh! You're Mason's sister!" It just clicked.

She nodded, smiling.

Honestly, I should have known. Even if Mason hadn't just told me her name earlier that day, the matching red hair  should have given me a clue.

"Anyway, ignoring the Oreos-hater," Lana rolled her eyes, "wanna come up to my room?"

My shoulders sagged, "Can't. I have so much schoolwork to catch up on, you would hardly believe"

All the days I'd been strung up on Grey and our break-up, combined with the days I'd skipped school really added up.

We went up the stairs and Lana said her goodbyes before disappearing down a hall.

Grey and I headed to our hallway and I stopped at my door.

"You're kidding" his eyes widened.

I smiled, "Nope"

"You're really going to be sleeping in this room??"

"Yup. See ya" I wiggled my fingers and shut my door behind me.

He stood there for a few more minutes before I heard his footsteps receeding. The door to his room next to mine opened and shut.

I sighed and got out my books and started working on my essay for English.

Trying to forget about the boy next door.

.
.
.
.
.
Vote, vote, vote. Happy holidays guys!