20.

Gracie

.

"Baby, I'm sorry"

Wow the trees look really beautiful this time of the year.

"Gracie. Please don't ignore me

Look at that flower! So pretty!!

"Gracie!" He grabbed my hand and I immediately snatched it back.

"Leave me alone Grey"

"Please. I'm sorry"

"Do you know how embarrassing that was?!"

"I kno-"

I cut him off "No you don't! I have kept quiet these past few weeks with you being so possessive even before we started dating but you took it too far today. What? I'm not allowed to have any other friend?? You hate Ciara and then I invite the new kid over and you are so rude to him!"

"Grac-"

"What's your excuse?? I get that you and Ciara have some kind of past but what has Scott; who literally just moved to this town, done to you? Huh?"

I waited for an answer and he stood there running his hand over his face.

"Don't you have anything to say?" I spat.

"Oh? I can speak now?"

He's unbelievable. I scoffed and turned to walk away.

"Baby, baby okay please wait." He pulled my hand again.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I acted like a jerk, I'm sorry I made you upset, I'm sorry about everything." He sighed "I can't help being possessive, you know? Have you seen you?? I feel as if somebody is going to snatch you from me any minute."

Ugggghhhhhghh. I wanted to continue ignoring him but to be honest, I had missed him "Nobody's taking me away from you, I promise."

He still looked doubtful. So I looked up and down the street- yes, we were shouting like maniacs in the middle of the street, before standing on my tip toes and placing a small kiss on his lips.

"Nobody's taking me anywhere okay?"

His face spread out in a grin. "Well they better not even think about it."

~•~•~•~•~•~•

The week went by pretty fast after that. I still talked to Scott because, honestly he hadn't done anything wrong to me and he was really funny but I didn't invite him m to sit with us again. He and Ciara sat together and they seemed to be becoming really good friends.

It was Saturday; the day of the Halloween party at Grey's house. After dinner, I had come up but have been stumped since then on what to wear. While my father was here, I had tried my best to focus on the passage we were discussing but it was so difficult.

He had taken longer than usual today to leave and I wondered if he suspected that I planned to sneak out the window the first chance I got.

But he had finally left and now the suitcase was open on my bed as I stared, waiting for the outfit I would wear to magically manifest itself.

There was nothing I seemed nice enough to wear. It was my first party and I knew there would be a lot of girls and most probably even Lily- I wanted to look really nice.

I rummaged in the box a little before I finally found the perfect thing. It was a light blue halter neck dress with an A-line skirt cut.

I tried it on and it was beautiful- it went really well with my blonde hair which I decided to leave down but pin behind my ears.