21.

Gracie

"Thanks for bringing me home" I smiled at him through the window of his car. "I don't know what I would have done without you."

"Anytime" he winked and sped off.

I took a deep breath and walked over to my house. I stood at the bottom of the tree and looked longingly up at my window. I wished I had never left my house.

I pulled myself up and climbed up to my room, hauling myself through the window.

I collapsed on my bed and stared blankly at the wall. I was staring but I couldn't see it. I thought back to what had happened this evening.

A few hours before...

I watched in utter shock as right in front of me, my boyfriend became a wolf and then a loud scream pierced the air. I looked around, wondering who it was that screamed before I realised it was actually me.

The crowd gathered around were looking as if this was an everyday occurrence- like people just changed into wolves whenever they wanted.

I looked at Grey again his now gray eyes were looking at me mournfully.

I needed to get out of there.

I hurried back into the house, the crowd parting for me like the Red Sea.

Where was my bag?? Where was the stupid bag?!!

"Gracie!" I looked up to see Grey hopping into the house as he attempted to put on some black sweatpants.

Thankfully, his parts were covered before I looked at him.

"No!" I screamed. What did he want with me? Kill me like he was about to kill that guy out there? "Please, please, Grey, I beg you, please stay away from me."

The amount of hurt that entered his eyes at that moment was almost enough to bring me to my knees.

Almost.

"Gracie" he started coming towards me.

Sod the bag. I was getting out of there.

I ran out the front door and immediately realised how stupid I was. I was miles away from home.

I began to run down the endless driveway, knowing Grey wasn't far behind me.

Fudge! They could host the track olympics on this driveway!

An engine revved and a pair of headlights focused on me as the car drew nearer.

"Get in!"

"Gracie!!!" I looked back and saw Grey running terrifyingly quickly towards me.

I looked back at the occupant of the car and without a moment's thought, pulled open the passenger's door and we were off before I could even properly close the door.

I watched in the rearview mirror as Grey chased the car a bit before stopping and just watching us go.

I waited until he was completely out of sight before turning to the driver of the car.

"How did you know I was there?"

"I didn't, I had some business in the area." Scott looked at me, "What happened?"

I sighed and looked at the trees were were speeding past. I wanted badly to talk to somebody about what I had seen tonight. To dissect, and try to understand what in the world had happened and convince myself that I wasn't going crazy.