44.

**Me staring in shock as I write the chapter number not believing I've come this far**

.
.
.
.

Gracie.

The same guard that had come to get me on my first day in the dungeon was who came to take me to where I'd be getting ready for my mating ceremony.

It was early afternoon when he came and I knew the ceremony would be starting at 10pm which left me wondering why I needed so much time to get ready.

By now, I had spent enough time in the house to know it like the back of my hand. So when we got off the elevator, I knew we were headed to the room where I'd gotten ready for the ball.

That felt like a lifetime ago.

We got to the room and I met the same women as before.

Did nothing ever change around here???

I knew the routine by now and without saying a word to the ladies, I headed to the bathroom and sure enough, a bath had been made for me.

Leaving the door wide open, I stripped and got in. They could have a show if they wanted one.

I stayed there until the hot water became tepid and then I got out and plodded to the massage table, leaving little foot-shaped puddles of water behind me.

I got on the table and laid on my stomach and I soon felt gentle hands kneading my back.

I couldn't lie, it was heavenly.

"What oil is that?" I had smelt it in my bath too.

"Myel ma'am"

The scent was interesting. It was so sweet smelling and immensely calming. I practically felt my knots and all the worries in my head melting away.

Tout ira bien.

The phrase popped into my head out of nowhere and I believed it.

Everything will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fell asleep on the table at some point despite having been literally passed out for hours the night before.

The ladies, instead of waking me when they were done with the massage had instead let me sleep and were sitting in the corner of the room, watching me.

"Wow, creepy much guys?" I stood up and stretched, feeling more relaxed than I had in a long time, "What's next?"

Hours later, after a lot of primping and fussing, I was being helped into a blood red dress. It was sleeveless and fitted until my knees where it spread out into an endless heavy train.

I couldn't help but gasp when I looked in the mirror. My hair was piled up with little tendrils framing my face. I looked like something out of a movie but my eyes were dead. Even I could see that. 

This wasn't supposed to be my life. A year ago, what I expected to be my life was a nice Christian boy my parents approved of, two children, a house with a yard, and just general comfort.

Today, I'm getting mated to a psychopath I met a month ago.

I was still staring in the mirror when somebody knocked on the door of the room. The door opened and I was shocked to see Scott standing there.

The month I'd spent here, I hadn't laid eyes on him and seeing as he's Eric's right hand man, and I saw Eric a lot, the only explanation was that he had been avoiding me.