17.

Grey.

It was almost 9pm when I arrived at Gracie's house. Hiding behind the tree, I took off my clothes and shifted. My senses were much better as a wolf and I wanted to try to find the scent of the wolf who was here yesterday.

I sniffed for about 30 minutes and by the end I was furious. I couldn't even get a whiff of a strange scent and neither had the border patrol wolves. It made me nervous.

There was a wolf in my territory I couldn't smell.

The very thought made me growl.

I shifted back and quickly put my clothes on before climbing up the tree.

.

.

Gracie.

I jumped when I heard the knock on my window even though I'd been expecting him. I had considered just leaving the window wide open but the way Grey had reacted had me me irrationally afraid that the creature would come back.

I got up quickly to let him in; didn't need one of my neighbours to see a boy on the tree outside my house. Cool air rushed in as I opened the windows and I felt goosebumps popping up on my arms. I know it wasn't from the cold as I was wearing one of my big sweaters. It had more to do with the hunk of a man whose eyes I met.

He hopped easily into the room, "What? I don't get a hug? I missed you."

I hit his arm playfully "You just saw me a few hours ago!"

"Feels like days." He said before wrapping my arms around me.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified. There was a boy in my room. And not only that, he was sleeping over.

Just the first part would get me grounded for life, with the second part, I'm practically guaranteed eternal damnation.

Even just choosing what to sleep in had been difficult. Normally, I'd just wear my night dress but it stops a few inches below my butt and is sleeveless. So I had stared in my wardrobe for ages before deciding on an oversized sweater and yoga pants.

And even though I had triple-checked that my door was locked, I was still afraid that somebody was going to walk in.

"Nice room" he commented looking around as if he hadn't been in here before.

He walked over to my bookshelf. "You like reading?"

"Kind of" I felt self-conscious as I watched him scan over the books. They were all Christian books...the only ones permitted by my parents.

He ran his hand lightly over my desk as he walked by, stopping slightly when he reached my Bible; still open from today's reading. "I take it you're a Christian then?"

"Yup"

"Hmm" he hummed as he moved on and finally flopped onto my bed, using his arm as a pillow. I sat down gingerly beside him.

As he lay down, his t-shirt had ridden up a bit, showing a bit of his hard, toned stomach with a v that disappeared into the shorts he was wearing. I realised I had been staring at for a little too long and quickly looked up. Grey was watching me amusedly, his smirk plastered on his face.

I shook my head. What was wrong with me??!

He laughed, "You know you can do whatever you want right? I'm allll yours"

I gulped, "No, no. I was j- just looking."

Since that kiss this afternoon, I had been feeling really weird and extremely guilty. At dinner, I felt as if it was plastered on my forehead.

I kissed a boy!!

I wondered if my parents would somehow notice, maybe there were signs that they would notice. But nope everything had gone normally.

But I couldn't get Grey out of my head. I mean I was almost always thinking about him before but now they were.... inappropriate thoughts.

I decided to ask the question that had been niggling at me, "Grey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

Fudge fudge. I'm going to sound incredibly naïve but I needed to know. "About w- what happ- happened on the cliff-"

"You mean our kiss"

I blushed furiously "Yeah that. Whatdoesitmean?"

I rushed it out, already regretting ever asking it.

He sat up at this point and took my hand. "It means you're mine."

And then his lips crashed down on mine.

His tongue ran along mine, tender at first, but then urgency kicked in. He kissed me harder, like every second had to count. My breathing was ragged and out of control. His mouth left my lips and I let out a whimper as he moved to my neck, sucking at the skin below my ear. I tilted my head back and let out a moan that made him growl into my neck.

I had never felt like that before; desired and excited and so utterly alive, like he had suddenly flicked a switch on in me. He brought his hands to either side of my neck, his lips back on mine, pushing and pushing, like he couldn't get enough, like he needed to take more.

When his lips left mine, I leaned forward trying to find them again. "Gracie, if we don't stop now, I won't be able to restrain myself from going further. It's already so fucking hard right now."

I became aware of my surroundings again. Fudge, my parents were a few doors down, a fact I had totally forgotten.

I felt different. I felt as if that was our first kiss. I felt something come alive in me and I missed his touch already.

I wanted to be as close to him as possible. I leaned into him and rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. Even then, I knew that no matter what happened, I would never get tired of being in his arms.

In spite of myself, I yawned.

He chuckled and I loved the way his chest vibrated "Baby, you gotta sleep."

My heart fluttered at the nickname. "Let me put the light off."

I reluctantly peeled myself off him hurried to the light switch and back.

I lay down and he pulled me into him. It didn't take long for me to feel the grasps of sleep pull me. I was exhausted.

"Grey?"

"Mmm" he hummed

"So I'm your girlfriend?" I needed to get things right.

"Yeah" he said softly.

Content, I finally started sleeping. Before I was completely out, I though I heard Grey whisper something like "You're so much more than my girlfriend."

But I brushed it off and I was out like a light.

.

.

.

Yaaaaasss! I updated, not one but twiiccee! Please vote, comment, follow ..y'know all that fun stuff. Enjoy your weekend! 😘❤️