6.

"The road to hell is wide and big Grace."

I gulped. My father was on the sofa with his legs propped up on the coffee table; a tumbler of whisky in his hand while my mother was perched on the edge of the armchair.

"Where have you been, Grace?" He asked, the dark liquid swishing around in his glass. With my father, once the whisky was out, the trouble began.

I considered lying, saying I went for a walk but I wasn't sure I would be able to answer the follow up question of why I left out my window.

"School" my mouth was dry.

He chuckled "And what did you go to do at school?"

"There was a g- game" I cleared my throat "A football game"

He sipped from his glass "And what have your mother and I told you about football games?"

My heart was thumping, my voice came out in a squeak "Good girls don't go there"

"Are you a good girl, Grace?"

I really did not want to answer that for two reasons
i) I felt that it was a trick question
ii) With my recent affiliations with Grey, I wasn't sure saying yes would be being honest.

He drained his glass and slammed the glass so hard on the table that I was surprised it didn't shatter.

"I asked you a question!!" He shouted suddenly, making me jump.

"Y- Y- Yes"

He chuckled and then very slowly stood up. "What is the 5th Commandment?"

I was shaking, I looked over at my mother, silently pleading with her to help me but she just looked away.

"I don't like repeating my questions!" He roared

"O- Obey your fa- father and your mother"

He started making his way toward me "So that?"

"S- So that your days will be long"

He chuckled again as he stopped right in front of me "Do you think your days will be long?"

He was closer to me now so I didn't want to risk getting him angry. I quickly shook my head. "N-"

"No!" He roared in my face "You're going to die! And then when you die...when you die, you're going straight to hell!"

I shook as tears ran out of my eyes. All this for a boy.

"3 days fasting and prayer. You're only allowed to drink water." And then he went upstairs.

I was still trembling, my head ached. I felt arms wrap around me. "Sweetie, don't cry. You know he only wants the best for you"

I hugged her back; comforting myself with the sweet smell of coconuts in her hair.

When I calmed down, I dragged myself up to bed and even though I wanted to fall right asleep, I got on my knees and prayed.

                         ********

It was lunch time and I had no idea what to do. I couldn't go to the cafeteria because I was fasting and I knew Ciara would ask me questions I didn't want to answer.

Speaking about Ciara, I didn't know what to think about her anymore. She seemed to have a slightly mean side. Calling me anti-social just because I was saying I didn't want to sneak out and then the bitterness on her face when I told her Grey was taking me home.

I found myself at the doors of the cafeteria and sighing, I turned around and went to look for somewhere to spend the next hour.

.
.
.

Grey's POV

I hadn't seen Gracie today and my wolf wasn't letting me rest. I half listened to whatever Ryan was going on about and focused on the door, waiting to catch a glimpse of her.

My wolf started jumping for joy when we spotted her at the doors.

She stood there for a while as if contemplating coming in then abruptly turned and left.

Frowning, I got up and went after her. By the time I got to the hallway, there was no trace of her but her scent was still there.

And so was my ex-girlfriend; Lily.

Lily has always been my idea of 'perfect'. Long legs, curly black hair and blue eyes. I was quite disappointed when I turned sixteen and found out that she wasn't my mate. After that, I just prayed to the moon goddess for my mate to look exactly like Lily.

Gracie didn't.

"Hey G-bear" she greeted, blocking my path.

"Hey" I had missed her.

Not as my girlfriend but simply as a friend. Lily and I had been friends since we were two. Our mothers were and still are best friends which made for some pretty awkward dinners after we had broken up. After the break up, things just never went back to normal between us. We were still friends; just not as close as we were before we dated.

"I was hoping I'd run into you" she looped her arm in with mine. To say my wolf didn't care for her touching me would be the understatement of the century, so I gently took my arm out of hers only for her to grab it right back.

"I have some things to discuss with you-"

"Can it wait? I have to-"

"No no come on." She started pulling me towards the cafeteria.

"No! I have to go look for somebody!" I raised my voice but immediately regretted it when I saw the look on her face.

She dropped my arm like a hot potato. "Oh okay. I'm sorry"

Her face was scrunched up as she turned around to go.

I sighed and grabbed her hand "Sorry. What did you want to talk about?"

Her face immediately brightened up and her perfect smile that has always warmed my heart made it's way onto her face and I followed her into the cafeteria.

'Oh shut up. Lily'll only take a minute then we'll go and look for our mate' I reasoned with my wolf who seemed to think he could just dig his way out and go and look for Gracie on his own.

Or maybe I'll just see her in Art.

Hi! Hola! Salut! Vote vote vote and COMMENT! Lots of love;

January 💖💖