19.

Gracie.

"See you at lunch baby" Grey said after English class and kissed my forehead.

I got flutters in my stomach when he called me that.

"Bye"

I made my way into my next class which was chemistry and sat down near the back. If there was one subject I loathed, this was it and I did not need to be in the teacher's line of sight at all.

"Can we just get this class over with?" I saw somebody drop onto the lab stool next to mine out of the corner of my eye.

"I totally get you, Chemistry is so frustrating"

"Oh, no, I actually like chemistry. I just hate classes"

I chuckled.

"Scott. What's your name?"

"Tamara Grace."

"Tamara? That's a pretty name."

I blushed and then felt weird because it wasn't Grey who was making me blush.

"Thanks, means date"

He laughed "Really?"

"Yup. The fruit... you know...dates?"

"So you're named after a fruit? Interesting" he teased and I found myself smiling.

"So, what do people do for fun in this town?"

"I don't really know. I just moved here a little over a month ago" I shrugged. The places I'd been to, I'd gone with Grey and the boys.

"Well that means we have something in common!"

I laughed and leant my chin on my hand, facing him "Really? And what's that?"

"We're both newbies. We should go exploring together."

I suddenly felt very uncomfortable. "Like a- a date?"

"Nooo...not a date" he paused "but if it was a date...?"

"Then I'd have to say no. I have a boyfriend" I felt very weird saying it but it was true. I had a boyfriend.

He looked surprised. "The guy who was with you in the hallway? The one who looked like he wanted to murder me?"

"Yup that's the one. But he's not always like that." Yes he is, with boys. "You can meet him at lunch if you want. You know, sit with us."

I didn't know what I was doing but I knew what it was like to be a new kid at this school.

The teacher walked in; late as usual.

"Since the new student, Mr. Foley has evened the class out, the person sitting beside you will be your lab partner for the rest of the term."

Scott flashed me a smile "Looks like we're partners."
.
.

~~~~~~

I had totally forgotten about my offer which is why I was so surprised to see Scott waiting for me outside the cafeteria doors.

"Hey fruity"

I laughed "That's my secret life name. Just call me fruit."

He laughed at my dumb joke as we walked into the cafeteria. "You're dorky. I like it."

"Do you wanna get some food?" I asked, Grey always got my food for me before I came into the cafeteria.

"Nah. So where are we sitting?"

I looked over at our table to find all three boys' eyes looking in our direction. They did not look happy.

"Hey guys" I greeted as I reached the table.

Greg immediately pulled me into his lap, nuzzling my neck "Hey baby, I missed you."

I felt my face heat up as I knew, without looking that all eyes in the room would be on us.

I quickly cleared my throat and leaned back "This is Scott. He's new, so I asked him to sit with us."

"No" Grey said immediately, halting Scott, who was about to sit on the bench.

"Leave" Grey directed at him, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Grey!"

"No, it's okay. I'll go"

"No you don't have to go." I glared at Grey. "Sit, please"

"You heard the man. Get out of here" this time it was Mason who growled.

"See you later Fruity." He winked at me and I watched as he walked out of the room.

"What on earth is wrong with you guys!?" I pushed Grey's hands away and sat down on the bench.

"Baby-"

"No. Do not 'baby' me. Why would you  treat him like that??"

"He's not a good guy" Mason said.

"How would you know?? You haven't even met him!"

"There's something seriously off about him Tamara." Ryan said. He never called me Tamara

They were all glowering in the direction that Scott had gone in as if he was still standing right there.

"Anyyywayyy Graceballs!" And just like that, Ryan was back. "There's a Halloween party this Saturday and you're coming"

"No, no I'm not."

Was he kidding?? A party? The only parties I'd been to were my birthday parties. The guests? My parents and I.

And then on the night before church. On Halloween which my parents referred to as "the devil's holiday".

"C'moooonnnnn Graceballs! Pleasee, pretty pretty plea- oh fuck, here comes Cruella."

Who??

"Tamara?"

Ciara???

"Could I please talk to you for a minute?"

"No" Grey spoke for the first time since Scott left.

Who on earth did he think he was? Trying to tell me who I could talk to or sit with."

"Yeah sure." I got up and followed Ciara out.

She walked all the was out to beside the Janitor's closet before turning to face me.

"I know I've been a bitch for seemingly no reason" she started.

You don't say.

"I'm sorry. And I promise, I'll tell you one day why I hate Grey so much but not today, please?" She paused and took a deep breath "It's just, I really miss you."

I missed her too...a lot. She was the first friend I had had after a long while and she didn't like my boyfriend. Thing was, if I had to choose, I knew I wouldn't hesitate to pick Grey.

"Come here you drama queen!" I threw my hands around her.

She laughed "So, I'm forgiven?"

"I was never angry silly." Just confused. "Wanna sit with me?"

"Not really, sorry. I don't want to be somewhere I'm not wanted."

I totally understood. "Okay pick a table, I'll join you."

I went back to Grey's table and got my bag and my tray.

"Where are you going?" Grey looked alarmed.

"Why? So you can come and decide who sits there too?"

I could still feel his eyes on me when I sat down opposite Ciara.

New character alert ❗ What do you guys think about Scott???