22.

Gracie.

Walking into church on Sunday- y'know, the day after my boyf- nope,  ex-boyfriend became a wolf and all? Yeah that day, I felt like I had sinned.

Like sinned sinned.

Like not only would I end up in hell, I would be Satan's right hand man kind of sinned.

I had never felt this guilty in my entire life.

Not when, in sixth grade, I had held Johnny Kravitz's hand during prayers, not even after I first kissed Grey.

But that kiss felt more evil when I knew I was kissing a creature of the dark.

Because although it hurt me to think it, that's what Grey was. He was in league with witches, demons etc.- everything I had been raised to detest.

But I didn't detest Grey, for some reason, even now that I knew the truth.

Guilty as I was, there was nobody for me to talk to. My parents were out of the question, even more so than the priest. And I couldn't tell Scott or Ciara because I didn't feel Grey's secret would be safe with them. And I didn't feel as if I could ask the Lord for forgiveness because, he probably wanted to throw me in hell right away.

So, I felt even more burdened than I should have been. I took a seat in-between my parents and gazed at the large crucifix that hung high above the altar.

The dead Christ seemed to be looking straight at me and I quickly looked away.

Reverend Potter mounted the Altar and began his sermon.

And he seemed to be speaking right to me.

"People of God! I know you've all been reading the papers"

A hum of agreement went round.

"They speak of things- creatures roaming the woods after dark. Leaving carcasses for us to find."

My breathing stopped. With everything that happened, I never even thought in that direction. The killings in the woods, they said they had been done by...wolves. Grey.

"They call them wolves. But we know what they are"

He smiled, letting his eyes run over every single one of us. It might have just been me, but I'm sure they spent an extra second on me.

"Agents of the devil!!"

'Yes's and encouraging hums.

I shot up from my seat and every eye in the house turned to me.

I looked at my parents and mouthed 'bathroom' and I was allowed access.

I rushed out of the seemingly progressively warm room and greedily gulped the cool air outside.

I couldn't continue to live like this, I needed to speak to somebody- anybody.

"Tamara right?"

I tried to calm myself before turning to the voice. It was a tall, black, girl with waves of tightly coiled, kinky hair tamed at the top of her head.

"Yeah. Hi." I hadn't ever seen her before...how did she know my name? "Umm.. I should get back inside."

This town was certainly full of weird people. I brushed past her to the doors of the church.

"I was at the party yesterday."

That stopped me and I turned around. "What?" My voice was barely a whisper.

"I was- I was there and I just wanted you to know that if you wanted somebody to talk to...well, I'm here." She smiled, her eyes were kind.

"Oh. You're one of... them."