24.

Grey

I knew what I was asking of her was a lot from her perspective. I was asking her to leave her parents, the people who had raised her and come and live with me...a guy she'd only known for barely three months.

But then from my perspective, this was basically a life or death decision. If she went, and moved to another town, I didn't know how I'd survive.

Werewolves are conditioned to mark their mates immediately they find them; maybe a few days after- at the most. It physically hurt to have been with Gracie for this long without marking her.

Normally, she'd have gone into heat if she was a werewolf female. Heat so intense that she'd feel that I had to mark her otherwise she'd die. But Gracie was human and so, the only thing she felt towards me was an attachment, a strong pull she couldn't explain.

If I was miles away from her without her marked, legend says I could lose my mind and go berserk or I could die. I definitely wouldn't be able to lead my pack.

I needed her with me. I knew it was selfish, extremely selfish, but I didn't know what else to do.

I didn't think I could tell her all this all at once. I needed to ease her into it otherwise she'd run away screaming.

I looked down into her eyes. "What do you say? Will you come and live with me?"

She averted her eyes and gently moved out of my grasp.

"Grey, I'm sorry" Her voice wobbled. "I can't. They're my parents."

"Baby" I took a step towards her but then stopped when she took a step back.

"Please, just take me home."

I stared at her for a while before nodding once, my jaw tight.

I opened the door for her and then got in myself. I looked over at her but she was determinedly staring out the window.

So, I started the car and began the short journey through the dark.

I could force her to stay, I knew that. I only had to use my Alpha voice on her. But I didn't want to do that, I didn't want to ever use that voice on her.

I pulled up to the corner before her house and put the car in park before looking at her again. "So this is it?"

She nodded slowly, biting her lip. I quickly looked away before I could start having any thoughts.

Then I felt her soft hands on my face, pulling me to look at her. She leaned up and pressed her lips to mine. It was only briefly and I immediately wanted to drag her home with me.

"I'll miss you, Grey"

And then she was gone. I watched her walk quickly away until she went out of my line of sight.

Fucking awesome. Now I'll have to move to wherever she's going.

I turned the car around and headed home. I needed to go home and drop my car and maybe take a quick shower; I didn't exactly smell like daises since I couldn't even remember the last time I bathed, before coming back to keep watch under her window.

Now I sound like a rapist.

We still hadn't found the so called chosen one and fuck me if I'm leaving my mate unprotected overnight.

I pulled up my driveway and parked in my usual spot before heading into the house.

Lily was on the sofa in the living room, talking with a girl; Gem? Julia? Yeah Julia.

"Hi Lils, what are you doing here?"

She smiled when she saw me and immediately came over to hug me. "Gina invited me to spend the night."

Gina? Damn not even close.

Even though Lily was a werewolf, she didn't live in the pack house with us; she and her parents had a house in town.

"Wanna join us? We were just about to watch a movie."

"Nah, I'm heading back out soon"

I went upstairs and stopped at my mum's room first. She hadn't left the place once since that night that we found out about my father's death, and she didn't talk to anyone either. Just lay there either sleeping or string blankly at the ceiling.

"Hi mum." She didn't even try her head in the direction of my voice. I sighed and made sure she was comfortable before heading to my room.

I stripped off my clothes and got in the shower. I'd already left Gracie for too long.

I washed quickly and hurried out only to stop short when I walk into my room to find Lily in this flimsy little night dress, lying on my bed.

I hadn't grabbed a towel so I went back into my bathroom and got one. I made sure my dick wasn't on full display before going back into the room.

"goddess Lils! You can't just walk into a guy's room like that!"

She giggled before sitting up. The dress she was wearing barely reached her thighs and barely covered her chest.

She raised her hands in surrender "I just wanted to chill with you. I've missed you y'know."

I felt bad, I hadn't really been a good friend recently. "I'm sorry Lils, but not tonight. I've gotta go"

She pouted before coming and hugging me "C'moon just watch a quick movviiieee."

"L-" the scent hit me before my door opened.

The girl in my doorway looked at Lily and then at me and then at Lily pressed against me dressed like that while I was wearing nothing but a towel. Her wide eyes met mine before she fled.

"Fuck!" I flung Lily away before taking off after her. "Gracie!"

.

.

G and L caught in a compromising position by other G. So many questions unanswered. Find out in the next chapter. xoxo, dramagirl.

I like Gossip Girl, hit me 😂