Gear Up

"Hero Team wins!" All Might's voice rang out through the speakers. Michi grinned, dusting off his hands as Tenya slowly climbed to his feet.

"You're here already?" he said. "But Bakugo—"

"Bakugo is hot-headed and arrogant," Michi said. "I knew he would go off on his own, so that left you, who actually cared about the exercise, to guard the bomb. Ochako used Zero Gravity on me and I jumped up to the window that had the bomb, and then Ochako went in to fight Bakugo. Bakugo, of course, made a bunch of big explosions, drawing your attention away from me until I could sneak in and get the bomb."

Tenya shook his head in disbelief. "You came up with that in five minutes?"

Michi shrugged and nodded. "More or less. I had to memorize the layout of the building, too. I should really check on Ochako, though; those were some seriously big explosions."

Tenya nodded in agreement, and the two of them hurried down the stairs, looking for their two teammates and hoping neither of them had gotten too badly injured. Well, without looking down on Ochako, she was the one Michi was worried about. He couldn't imagine Bakugo getting hurt in their encounter, not with Ochako's personality and Bakugo's skill.

Michi heard heavy panting just a bit further around a corner, so he sped up. There, standing in the hallway, was Bakugo. His shoulders heaved as he gasped for breath, and down the hall was a much worse-for-wear Ochako. She wasn't too badly injured, which was especially impressive considering how long the explosions had gone on, but her costume was singed and he had small burns all over her body.

Michi rushed over and stooped to pick her up, and she laughed a little. "That was really hard," she said. "Good job getting the weapon!"

"I probably should have had you do that part," he said with a wince. "It honestly would have made more sense, I just didn't know how good you were at being stealthy."

"That's okay!" she said brightly. "I should work harder on combat anyway, since that's where I need the most work." She seemed to suddenly notice that she was being carried away from the building in Michi's arms, and she turned bright red. "Oh! I can probably walk, I was just tired," she stuttered.

"Don't worry about it, you're easy to carry," he assured her. She gave up on trying to get out of his arms, but she still looked extremely embarrassed the entire time.

"Now, unless Uraraka needs to go to the nurse, both teams should now come back to the monitor room to discuss the results," All Might announced. Michi glanced down at Ochako.

"What do you think?" he said. "Do you want to see Recovery Girl or do you want to come back with the others?"

"I'm fine, really. You can put me down, I can walk on my own from here," she said quickly. Michi shrugged and let her down, making sure to give her support if she needed it. They made their way back to the monitor room, and their classmates greeted them enthusiastically while they waited for Tenya and Bakugo to arrive.

"That was so fast, and perfectly executed!" Denki said. "Those flash grenades are really useful, huh?"

"It worked, but you shouldn't have let Ochako face Bakugo by herself," Kirishima said, crossing his arms. "Avoiding a fight like that isn't manly at all."

"Uraraka, you were so good!" Mina said, and Toru enthusiastically agreed. "Bakugo is really scary, but you fought him really well! You might not have hurt him, but he was really tired out by the end."

"Why did you have Uraraka fight Bakugo?" Tsuyu asked. "You are much better suited for that role."

Michi nodded. "Yeah, I probably should have switched the roles. I did it this way because I knew she was tough and could hold her own in a fight, but I didn't know how good she was at climbing or being stealthy. I was confident in my own abilities to break in undetected and get to the bomb, but I just don't really know her skillset quite yet."