Stain vs. Savior

Midoriya didn't want to admit it, but this had been a very productive week so far. To his and Mina's surprise, Tokoyami had been offered an internship as well, but without the instruction to bring someone else along with him. It hadn't taken long after that to figure out what Hawks was up to, as the hero had locked him and Mina together in a training room and went off to personally train Tokoyami.

He was playing matchmaker.

On the bright side, that meant that Ochako and Kacchan were probably part of this scheme as well with Mirko, and that meant they were probably going through a similar experience. Even with Hawks' admittedly entertaining efforts to get them alone together, though, the Wing Hero was a great teacher. Mina and Midoriya both improved more than he had thought was possible in a single week.

The best part? He wasn't in constant pain anymore. He hadn't even realized that he had been in the first place, but apparently his quirks had still been fighting against each other. All For One had done one last experiment on him, adding another quirk to the mix, and somehow that had tied them all together into a single quirk. He still didn't know what it was, but he felt good.

He wondered if All For One even considered the fact that making Midoriya more powerful would be detrimental to him in the long run. After all, he was just planning on using all that power to kill the villain eventually.

He sighed luxuriously, reveling in how comfortable he felt now that his body wasn't battling against itself. Kurogiri walked through the door, and Midoriya straightened. "Oi, chauffeur!" he called. "You got a second to talk?"

"Please don't call me that," he said, taking a seat. "But yes, I have time. What do you want to know?"

"Well, I still don't have any of my memories from the time between when I was kidnapped and when I woke up just a little while ago, and it's really weird. I feel like I got close enough with you and Shigaraki to call you my friends, but I don't know anything about you guys anymore. Where did you come from? Why did you join the League?"

Kurogiri sighed, standing back up. "I'm afraid I don't have much to say on those topics. I apologize." He walked away.

Midoriya blinked in surprise; he'd thought that he was the only one with his memories tampered with, but from the way Kurogiri was talking... could it be that he couldn't remember? What about Shigaraki himself? Were any of the members of the League of Villains even there of their own volition?

Well, besides Dabi. Dabi had been recovering over the last couple of days from the quirk transfer, his body adjusting as the two quirks hopefully combined. If they didn't, he'd probably go just as braindead as the Nomu at the USJ, but considering the emotional attachment Eri had with the fire user since he was the first person she'd healed, All For One was unlikely to let that happen. He had to stay on Eri's good side, after all, if he wanted her to restore him to his prime.

Why did it take Dabi several days to recover, while Midoriya did it overnight? He wasn't sure, but he thought it might have something to do with having Regeneration already.

Midoriya took a deep breath as he shifted into the Savior, the transformations becoming easier and easier. His blue hair shortened and turned brown, his height decreased, and his face became more squarish with darker eyes. It was about time he got out to do some vigilante work again. He rolled his neck and cracked his knuckles in anticipation, looking back at where, once again, his double was playing with Eri. 

"Hey," he called to the copy. "Remember the plan. If anything happens to me, keep up appearances for me at school."

Ooh, foreshadowing.

He flew across the rooftops, once again heading to Hosu. He'd been going there every day since the sports festival, knowing that Stain would strike several more times in the same area before moving on, but he hadn't seen him yet. All he'd managed to do was make the news several times on accident after toppling a massive drug cartel as well as a quirk experimentation lab. He may have lost his temper on that one, remembering the same things happening to Eri, and... well, none of the victims would ever need to worry about anyone with any connection to that lab ever again.