Running Out Of Time

Midoriya groaned, painfully opening his gritty eyes. Every muscle on his body was sore, and he couldn't remember where he was. The last thing he remembered was passing out in an ambulance.

"Oh, perfect! You're awake," said a slightly maniacal voice. "Do you have any idea how long we've been looking for you?"

"I'll be honest, dawg, I got no idea," Midoriya mumbled. He tried to turn his head to see who was talking, but he was securely bound to a table. "Who are you again?"

The owner of the voice stepped into view, and Midoriya realized what had happened. He sighed. "Do you remember me now? I seem to remember blowing off your arm when you broke into my base and stole a very valuable resource."

"Don't call a little girl a resource, that's creepy as hell," Midoriya shot back. "Now that I'm out of the way, All For One is probably going to use her power to bring himself back to full power, which means you've kinda just fucked yourself."

"Where is Eri?" Overhaul growled, completely ignoring him. Midoriya stuck out his tongue. "I'm feeling generous today, so I'll give you the chance to just tell me, and I'll let you go once I get her back. If you refuse... I'll pull it out of you."

Midoriya pretended to consider, humming thoughtfully. "There's this song that's stuck in my head," he eventually said. "Do you know it? It goes like this: Fuck you, fuck you very very much."

Overhaul hissed in irritation. "I look forward to seeing you beg at my feet. How long do you think you can keep up the attitude?" 

"Oh, I'd say for a good while. I've just started to heal mentally from what All For One did to me, though, so it would be unfortunate if I got broken again." Midoriya wiggled around in his restraints, frowning as they dug into his wrists. "Hey, could you do something about these straps? They're not very comfortable."

"Good luck," Overhaul said darkly over his shoulder, leaving the room. Midoriya frowned, tired of his quips getting ignored.

"Well alright then, ya stick in the mud. Would it kill you to play along a little bit?" He sighed, trying to shift into a more comfortable position. His sense of pain was still very dull, so it didn't exactly hurt, but it didn't feel very good either. The table he was tied to was at a forty-five-degree angle, with his hands strapped above his head and his ankles tied at the other end. "This is so erotic," he muttered to himself, disappointed that he hadn't come up with that one while Overhaul was still in the room. 

The door opened again after a few minutes, and a strange man with an unnerving smile entered. "I hear you have a Regeneration quirk," the man said excitedly, hurrying to set up a set of surgical tools. Midoriya grimaced; he had incredible healing and didn't feel much pain, but that didn't mean he was excited to get all cut up. "I've never had a subject that I didn't have to worry about dying on me!"

"If you've ever wondered why girls don't like you, this is it," Midoriya said, raising an eyebrow. "Or men, if you swing that way; I don't judge. You know what? I'll bet this is why no one likes you. Cutting people open is nasty."

"That's not all I'm going to do," the man said, actually sounding offended. "Your body will be my scientific plaything!"

"Ew, don't say it like that," Midoriya whined, gagging. "At least you said scientific."

"So many experiments that I can't do on anyone else!" the man rambled excitedly, rummaging through a duffle bag at his feet.

"I always wanted to be a Bionicle as a kid," Midoriya put in.

"I'm thinking more along the lines of Inspector Gadget," he said, moving behind Midoriya to a desk he couldn't see. A loud thunk of metal landing on the desk startled him, sounding strangely ominous. "I could make a homemade Ingenium!"