*part ten*

third person pov
————————————

the next night

"come on up sannie" hongjoong whispered

san had woken up from yet another nightmare. he went to seonghwa and hongjoongs room. hongjoong was still up, working on his laptop, when the door opened. hongjoong looked up seeing san with his stuffed animal and sucking on his thumb.

"here, your thumb has germies" hongjoong replaced the boys thumb with a pacifier. they bought mouth guards. but he could tell the boy just wanted a pacifier to suck on. hongjoong held the boy close and whispered sweet words, soothing the boy back to sleep. once asleep, hongjoong laid him down then went to sleep himself.

a few hours later the alarm went off. waking the three of them up.

"they don't have school, teachers are protesting" seonghwa grumbled before scooping up san in his arms "go back to sleep baby" he whispered in the boys ear.

"protesting?" hongjoong whispered

"mhm... their teacher said that their pay is being severely cut this year. so the staff is protesting" seonghwa said

"why am i just now hearing about this?"

"because the school didn't want parents to know. so they said no school for meetings."

hongjoong nodded then laid back down. they all went back to sleep for about twenty minutes before mingi came running in.

"papa... papa... there's a monster in my room" the boy sobbed. hongjoong opened his eyes to look at mingi "monster.." mingi whispered out again

"okay baby, let's go look" hongjoong carefully got out of bed before lifting up mingi and walking to his and sans room.

he turned on the ceiling light, and began looking for 'monsters'. pretending to recheck under the beds, under the desk, chair, in the closet. everywhere.

"nope, nothing here my love. are you sure it wasn't a bad dream" hongjoong asked

"maybe..." mingi tried to recall.

"okay, well we're up now. and you guys don't have school. how about you and me go downstairs and watch tv, then we can make everyone breakfast after-while" hongjoong suggested. mingi nodded and the two walked down and watched spongebob for a while.

around eight hongjoong got up to go to the kitchen, with mingi following. they decided to make fried eggs, sausage, left over rice from the night before, and watermelon. mingi helped grab thing out of the fridge and even got to help crack an egg or two.

"okay my little helper, go wake up mama then help him wake everyone else up. i'll start playing okay?" hongjoong smiled. mingi nodded and skipped away to go upstairs.

the boy reached his parents bedroom and lightly tapped seonghwas arm, whispering 'mommy' or 'mama' a few times. seonghwa opened his eyes after a few taps and whispers, and looked at his son.

"hm?" he grumbled

"me and papa made food, cmon we gotta wake everyone upppp~" mingi whined.

"okay, okay. sannie baby come on" seonghwa sat up and shook san to wake him "papa made breakfast" and with that sans head shot up. hongjoong made really good breakfast.

the boys woke everyone up and walked downstairs. seonghwa looked at the table, everything nicely plates in everyone's spots. cups filled with everyone's desired drinks. hongjoong even placed forks and napkins next to plates. everything was very neat.

"i don't even set the table up like this" seonghwa said walking up to the short man. "what'd you do" he joked

"nothing!" hongjoong laughed "everyone's having a hard time with things right now, especially you. so i thought i do something nice for everyone" he said looking over and the kids already digging into their eggs.

"thank you" the older smiled before kissing hongjoong

"ew!" "grosssss!" "i'm n-not h-h-hungry an-anymore"

"yah, eat" seonghwa said

the family giggled and began eating again. yeosang and jongho making a mess on their face or the table. or both. yunho cleaning up after jongho, telling yeosang to clean up after himself from across the table. mingi drinking a bunch of juice. wooyoung and san picking on their mama, which lead hongjoong to laughing with them. meals were always eventful.

"since there's no school what are we doing today?" yunho asked as he stepped on his stool to help hongjoong with dishes

"well after you two are done, papa has to do some work today. sannie has an appointment today, but not until later. yeosangie, we got you a new speech therapist. so we'll be meeting with her for a bit today. okay?" the boy nodded

"i think the rest of you are all good. so until the appointments everyone can chill"seonghwa said

"thannie thaid he didn't wanna go" wooyoung tattled

"yah! stop it" san whined

"sannie baby, i thought you have fun at the last meeting" hongjoong said

"mmm, i did. but that room is really really small. i get scared" san mumbled

"ohhh. okay well we'll work that out okay?" seonghwa smiled.

(this was a filler. i'm really sorry for not updating sooner. i have so much school work to do😭)