*Part eighty-three*

third person pov
—————————————

A WEEK LATER

"alright kyungmi. are you ready?" the social worker ask, smiling when the little girl nodded.

court. the family knew it all too well. but today, wasn't bad. today, they were signing paper to officially adopt kyungmi.

"can papa hold me?" the little girl asked with hopeful eyes.

"of course sweetie" mrs. jung, the social worker, smiled.

hongjoong picked up his daughter and smiled at his husband. adoptions were nerve wrecking. they ask questions, they try to pry so that you seem like the bad guy. but the parents have done this long enough, so they're pretty confident.

after the introduction, the jury and judge got to ask questions.

"hello kyungmi" the judge smiled at the little girl that was being held

"h-hi" the girl stuttered

"are you doing well today?"

the girl nodded. "yeah" she said, remember her manners.

"great. i'm going to ask you some questions. you just tell me the truth alright?" the girl nodded and waited for the questions "perfect, do you like living with the kim-parks?"

the girl smiled brightly and nodded "yes!" she answered confidently, making the social worker and two parents smile.

"good. do you mind telling me about each other your foster brothers and how they treat you?"

"um, well wooyoungie likes playing hide and seek with me. and he puts clips in my hair for me. yunnie helps me a lot, and he lets me put clips in his hair. mingi liked to do my hair. him and yunho tickle me a lot. jongho has been teaching me math, and he paints my nails with papa too. sannie watches cartoons with me and does my hair. yeosang let's me do his hair and stuff like that. he also buys me snacks from his school" kyungmi went on and on about how her brothers are kind, and fun to be around. all good signs that pissed off the jury half the time.

"that's good. what about your foster parents?"

the girl smiled brightly again, adjusting herself in her foster dads arms a little. "mama and papa play with me. and they pain my nails and do my hair. they make really yummy food, they also let me watch tv past my bedtime on the weekends!" the jury and judge couldn't help but giggle and smile.

"that's good sweetie. now can you tell me what they do when you're in trouble?"

"well. one time i went outside without permission with wooyoungie. and mama and papa sat us down and told us why we can't do that and stuff. and then they said we can't watch tv for the um night" kyungmi's really a story teller, and a damn good one. thankfully she told the truth and didn't exaggerate anything.

"okay. wonderful, our jury will sort everything out. we'll take a short break until then" the judge banged the hammer and walked to the back.

after the short recess, the jury decided. "kim-park hongjoong and seonghwa. you have proven yourselves worthy of parenting kyungmi. please sign the papers"