*Part eighty-seven*

third person pov
———————————

san walked into the living room where seonghwa and hongjoong were. "hey papa"

the parents turn their head to see their son standing there shyly "what's up sannie" hongjoong asked and pat the spot next to him.

"um. i have a question"

"...okay..."

"how did you know you were pansexual?"

the parents smiled and gave each other a knowing look. "well. first thing you have to do is confirm that you like more than just one gender. then you can label yourself however you wish. whatever you're comfortable with. and if you don't want to label yourself you don't have to, you don't need a label for validation"

"i don't know what i'm comfortable with" san said

"then do some research, and if you don't find anything you're comfortable with then don't label it. knowing who you are and who you love is just enough" seonghwa spoke softly and rested his chin on hongjoongs shoulder.

"why is this so hard" san whined making the parents chuckled lightly

"ik it is, but part of growing up is finding who you are. right?" san nodded at hongjoongs words

~

mingi sat in his room, just playing on his phone. he recently posted a picture with lia on instagram. just a picture of them in her room, posing in the body mirror. lia was holding the phone and mingi was behind her with his arm around her neck, not choking her obviously, and a peace sign to his eye.

he's posted with lia before, and lia has obviously posted with him. but he's never read the comments, so he was a little shocked to see them being shipped. which only reminded him that he isn't publicly out. which he doesn't care if he is or not, that's none of anyone's business but his own. but it does make him chuckle. especially because not only is mingi gay, lia is a lesbian.

mingi walked downstairs into the kitchen to make a snack for himself. wooyoung and seonghwa were already in there, seonghwa making tea and wooyoung making cookies.

"hey min, you see people shipping you and lia?" wooyoung laughed. seonghwa turned his head and had this confused face on

"yeah, it's funny"

"why is that funny" seonghwa asked, still confused

"because both me and lia are gay" mingi laughed and got a jello.

after that, mingi went back upstairs and texted lia.

mingi:
people are shipping us ig

lia:
ew

mingi:
rude

lia:
oops. love ya xoxo

mingi:
xoxo, gossip girl

mingi has to admit, now that he's a teenager. things are changing. not just with himself, but also his peers. coming back to school after their break was weird, boys mingi never found attractive were now... attractive. and apparently he is too, according to some whispers he hears. and not to mention, teenage hormones, but we won't get too much into that.