*part seventeen*

third person pov
————————————

TW// homophobia, bad parenting 101

flashback info:
italic is the flashback itself
hongjoong was 15 and seonghwa was the same age. they only met recently in the flashback in their class.

————————————

january 29, a date that hongjoong wishes he didn't remember anymore. but a day he thought would be full of cheers and pure happiness, was filled with screaming and yelling.

hongjoong came home from school on the monday, getting a ride from his friend. his hands were shaking since he woke up this morning.

"hey honey, how was school?" his mom asked from the kitchen

"uhh, it was okay. what time will dad be home tonight?"

"probably around five-thirty. maybe six. why?" his mom questioned as she sat a plate of fruit in front of hongjoong.

"oh, i was just wondering. i want to talk to you guys about something tonight" hongjoong said as he ate a piece of fruit

"okay sweetpea, go ahead and do your homework. i'll call you down when your dad is home okay?" hongjoong nodded before grabbing the fruit and running upstairs.

hongjoong did the little homework that he had. ate his fruit. watched some tv. texted his friends. until finally five-fifty-four hit. and a mans voice shouted

"i'm home!" hongjoong dad cheered

"joong! your fathers home!"

hongjoong rushed down stairs with his plate from earlier, setting it in the sink

"he wants to talk to us about something" his mother said as she sat in her chair. his dad nodded and sat in his own chair.

"okay. um. so." hongjoongs anxiety was going through the roof

"sweetheart, take your time" his mom smoothed.

"it's okay son" his dad smiled softly.

oh how hongjoong missed his parents sweet words. how he missed the times when his parents would buy him dinner every saturday. how they would help him with homework. he missed them. or at least the them he grew up thinking they were.

"i-i'm um... i think i'm gay... or bi maybe but-"

"stop that nonsense hongjoong. we didn't raise you to be a homosexual" his dad laughed

"no d-dad really. i mean i still like girls but this boy in my class, he's new an-"

"you're serious about this?" his mom asked. she knew when her son was joking. and when he wasn't. it sad that she knew him so well, but apparently not well enough to see this coming, not well enough to except her son.

"i-i mean yeah-" hongjoong stuttered

"you better be playing a fucking game boy" his dad said standing up