*part twelve*

third person pov
————————————

a week later
————————————

"i cant do this right now hongjoong. do what you want i don't care anymore" seonghwa scoffed

"why can't you just sit here and talk about it like an adult. you wanted to talk so here i am" hongjoong fought back.

"yeah, now you're here. after i fucking begged you to come out of that damn office and have one meal with your family after a week of hiding away in there!" the older said a little louder

in case you haven't caught on, seonghwa and hongjoong are fighting. about what? well. the day after yeosangs birthday hongjoong got a call that he needed to produce a couple songs for enhyphen, and an entire mini album for itzy. so yeah he's been busy. and seonghwa respects that. but hongjoong has time. over five months to be exact. and the enhyphen songs were already sent off because hongjoong had extra demos from that txt album he worked on. and he already has half of itzy's album finished from the weeks work he's put in.

hongjoong hasn't left that room in a week. except to use the bathroom and shower. he sleeps in there, eats in there. even gets changed in there. seonghwa can't sleep, often finding the bed too cold.

"i don't understand why this is such a big deal. i'm the one putting food on the table why can't you just let me do my work?!" hongjoong was getting really angry now

"you have so many demos, and you have so much time! why can't you take a break every now and then. you don't even come out to hang out with your family! your kids haven't seen you in a fucking week hongjoong! why is that so hard to understand"

"why the fuck do you have to nag me all the damn time! i'm trying to get shit done to provide for this family. you knew the sacrifices we would have to make when i took this job"

"okay and i have told you so many times how grateful i am for that! but when your boss tell you to take a break from work, don't you think that might mean something?!"

"this is fucking ridiculous" hongjoong mumbled

"yeah you think everything is fu-"

"ENOUGH! QUIT IT" the younger snapped

seonghwa shook his head as tears started rolling down his face.

"you can continue sleeping in your studio" he said in a broken voice

"you'd love that wouldn't yo-"

"mama? papa?"

the parents stopped and turned their heads toward the stairs to see a very upset wooyoung and a crying jongho.

"you two are supposed to be in bed" seonghwa said wiping his tears quickly

"why was there yelling?" yunho asked as he walked down the stairs, rubbing his eyes

"it's nothing. you guys go back to bed okay?" hongjoong said as softly as possible.

"papa can you tuck us in?" wooyoung pouted