Chapter 10 - Collaboration

The more the SUV traveled in the direction of the crash area, the more Shu Xiaohui clearly felt Chen Chengduo’s tense mood.

Suo Bin’s Black Hawk hovered over the SUV, and Suo Bin said solemnly, “Boss, do you know what I saw through the Black Hawk’s eyes?”

Chen Chengduo squinted his eyes and guessed, “Fortress.”

After his family’s pet boosted his combat effectiveness, he had a certain perception of metal materials in a certain range, but he was limited by the distance and energy, so he could not control it at all.

He could feel the presence of the semi-mechanical beasts the closer he got to the crash site, it was as if they were stacked together according to certain rules to form a pattern, with ion guns pointing outwards, in other words, they formed a fortress at present.

Suo Bin nodded. “Yes, Boss, there’s a very strange building right where the spaceship fell. Wait till I draw it for you.”

As he spoke, Suo Bin took out a piece of paper and drew out a large shape on it with a pen. He handed it to Chen Chengduo.

Shu Xiaohui looked at the picture with his head outstretched. If he hadn’t known that it was made up of semi-mechanical beasts, he would have thought that it was a battle castle built up by Lego blocks. It had a bit of dreamy quality that was present in childish cartoon drawings.

Chen Chengduo took the pen in Suo Bin’s hand and drew a few dots at random in this slightly naive-looking building, the whole fortress immediately looked different.

“These are the output points of the ion guns,” Chen Chengduo said, pointing to those points. “No matter from which way we approach them, we will be inside the range of these firepower. We will only be alive for a mere three seconds.”

Shu Xiaohui picked up his pocket for a while and felt cold all over. A seemingly childish and ridiculous dream castle was way too dangerous.

“Moreover, from the construction of this fortress, it can be seen that there are likely to be survivors of the Tates in the spacecraft. If our attack position is found, the fortress can change shape or even move their positions at anytime because it’s all built by semi-mechanical beasts.”

After Chen Chengduo finished, he looked at the picture and said silently for a moment, “Shi Rui, find a place to park, Suo Bin, you draw the picture more carefully.”

“Yes, Boss.”

Shi Rui found a collapsed residential building and stopped his car. Shu Xiaohui followed Chen Chengduo out of the car. Only then did he see the off-road vehicle with track on its wheels. No wonder it could run on various terrains.

Shi Rui helped Suo Bin move over a collapsed white wall, and Suo Bin painted the fortress bit by bit directly on the wall.

Chen Chengduo watched as he added different points to certain positions of Suo Bin’s painting.

When the whole picture was finished, Chen Chengduo stood there pondering the route to attack.

Either way, their chances of success were very low, that was, they didn’t know whether it would be different at noon time when all the semi-mechanical beasts would be recovering their energy.