𝟞 - 𝕆𝕦𝕣 ℂ𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥

The rest of the summer flew by

The rest of the summer flew by. Ophelia had managed to learn almost every necessary spell but she just needed to perfect them. Minnie had even shown her the basics of flying a broom which Ophelia found rather liberating.

Virignia had settled in well too. This was the name Ophelia had decided on for her owl; named after one of her favourite authors of classic literature Virginia Woolf. However the most memorable moment of the second half of the summer was one particular conversation.

"Ophelia, I have been thinking about your surname and how much upset it brings you. In the Wizarding World and especially Hogwarts it is common practice to refer to people with their last name and I don't want you to be uncomfortable." Minerva spoke softly to Ophelia over a cup of Chamomile tea.

"So what do you suggest? Create a fake last name?" Ophelia questioned.

"Not necessarily fake, why don't you take my surname?"

"What? Be a -a McGonagall?"

"Precisely." Minnie tilted the biscuit tin towards Ophelia as an offering.

"I don't want to tarnish your name though, I might end up embarrassing you." Ophelia spoke honestly, something she found to be quite easy when around the older witch.

"I wouldn't care. Personally, I think Ophelia McGonagall sounds rather lovely." Minnie readjusted her glasses with this statement, almost like to strengthen what she had said.

"It does." Ophelia felt the smile grow larger on her face. "Only if you're sure."

Minnie pursed her lips, Ophelia noticed this anytime she had one of these self confidence arguments with the lady. "You already know my answer Ophelia."

Ophelia chuckled, "Well I'd love to be a McGonagall then!"

"Splendid."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Today was the day Ophelia left for Hogwarts. Minnie had used something called 'Floo' to get her to the platform directly to ensure Ophelia didn't run into any muggle fans; they landed in a fireplace just inside a waiting room on the platform. They were rather early but that was perfect for Ophelia, Minerva gave the girl a hug which had soon become a common occurrence between them.

"I am very proud of you dear. Enjoy your journey and I will see you at the sorting ceremony. Remember to look for Hagrid when you first get off, he will show you where to go next. You won't miss him, he's a very tall man."

"Will do. See you soon Minnie!"

Hoisting her case onto the train, she couldn't help but take a deep breath before pushing herself to move further in. Ophelia wished she had someone with her who could reassure her, she knew she couldn't have Minnie as she had to be at Hogwarts plus Virginia was heading with Minnie to Hogwarts separately. "It will be ok." Ophelia muttered to herself.