𝟚𝟜 - 𝔽𝕦𝕫𝕫𝕪 & ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

the song in the header is what will be towards the end, I've put a little note at the point I suggest you play it if you'd like!

Euphemia Potter loved Christmas, why? Because she loved family and she adored being a mother. It certainly isn't an easy job, but days like today where she sat around the table with her husband, son and Sirius; a second son of hers. Tonight was the first night the boys had returned from Hogwarts, so Euphemia had cooked her famous lasagne for the four of them.

"Mia this food is delicious as always." Sirius sat proudly next to James, loving every moment he spent with the Potter family.

"Thank you Sirius, although you do not need to tell me every time you come."

"See Sirius, even mum is starting to realise this good boy is just an act." James elbowed Sirius, food crumbs spilling from his mouth whilst he spoke.

"James Fleamont Potter you are disgusting. Monty we raised a pig." Euphemia turned to her husband, who let out a belch almost as if on queue. "Merlin, I married a pig." The table erupted into laughter that only caused Euphemia's smile to grow - this life was perfect. "How has your school year been so far?"

The boys discussed the year so far, enjoying the cheers from Fleamont each time they spoke of a prank whilst ignoring the tuts from Euphemia.

"Oh mum, you'll like this though, we got pranked." James smiled thinking of the day.

"What?"

"Fi pranked us."

"Fi?" Fleamont placed his fork down, more interested in the conversation than prior due to the new name.

"Fi is new this year, she was home-schooled until now." Sirius explained.

"She?" Fleamont questioned again. "Dear merlin has my boy moved on from the Lily Evans?"

"What! No! She's a friend, plus Moony likes her. I couldn't do that to Moony." James and Sirius continued to fill the parents in, even including how rude James was to Ophelia upon first meeting.

"She sounds lovely, even after everything you did James." Mia sighed, the pride in James was definitely from Fleamont. "Right, let me get this tidied up and I'll go grab the brownies."

"I'll help mum!" James jumped up quickly and stacked some of the plates on the table. Following his mum into the kitchen, he ensured he was out of earshot from his father and Sirius when he spoke. "Mum?"

"Yes darling

"Yes darling." Euphemia had guessed James wanted some privacy from his spontaneity in wanting to help.

"Fi, I worry about her. I-I just want to help her for some reason, and I don't fancy her mum. It's like I see her as a little sister, we just clicked and now I just want to help her." James scrubbed at the plate he was cleaning harder, very close to cracking it until his mum placed a hand over his.