𝟛𝟚 - 𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕁𝕒𝕔𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤 & 𝔹𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕪 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕤

Nothing meant more to Ophelia than being able to have a conversation with Remus once again

Nothing meant more to Ophelia than being able to have a conversation with Remus once again. Being in his presence was different to the rest of the Marauders, they just seemed to compliment each other so well. Whether that was through discussing books, studying, joking about or people watching - Ophelia found herself becoming the version of herself that she had given up as lost. 

Two weeks had passed since their reconciliation and it was now the day before Remus' birthday. The Great Hall was relatively peaceful this breakfast, just chatter and clinks of cutlery hitting crockery. That was until James Potter burst in singing, Peter on his back chanting the second half of each line.

"Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines,
Ding dang dong, ding dang dong."

"Thank you Mr Potter and Mr Pettigrew for that wonderful rendition of the French nursery rhyme, perhaps you could consider joining the Frog Choir?" Professor Dumbledore clasped his hands together from his seat on the Staff Table, looking highly amused by the impromptu performance.

"No way, we wouldn't want to outshine everybody now would we Pete?" James dropped Peter from his back as they reached their seats.

"No-uh." Peter shook his head.

"Very well." Dumbledore nodded his head, before turning back to his conversation with Professor McGonagall.

"If anybody wasn't awake before you came in, they are now." Ophelia mocked cleaning her ears out.

"Morning to you too FiFi." James wrapped his arm over the top of Ophelia's shoulder. "I actually wanted to speak to you before Moony appeared."

"Wait, where is Rem?" Ophelia noticed the missing boy, plus one other marauder. "Actually where is Sirius as well?"

"Moony is still asleep and Siri-"

"Rem is still asleep? Is he ok? He's doesn't normally oversleep?" Ophelia blurted out the series of questions before James had time to explain where Sirius was too.

"Um, he's not feeling well, so we're letting him sleep in. Sirius is going to wake him up before class, otherwise we'd have a super moody Moony." James answered, deciding not to use this moment to mock Ophelia's extreme concern over Remus' welfare.

"Oh. Should he even come to class if he's poorly?"

"Shush. We are not discussing Moony's health, we have more important matters. Such as his birthday."

"I'm listening, but purely because it's Rem's birthday. I'm not forgetting the fact that he is poorly."

"Fine, so birthday equals party, right?"

"Right!" Peter poked his head around the front of James's head so that he was now in view for Ophelia too.

"So we are planning a birthday party for Remus. This Saturday, rather than tomorrow night on his birthday because that's a weekday." Actually, this wasn't the reason James had chosen the Saturday, James knew that Remus wouldn't be well enough to have a party on his true birthday. "It isn't a surprise one as that's too much effort. But if we tell Remus, too far in advance he will refuse to come. About an hour before we will tell him, so then he can get ready." James explained.