𝟙𝟡 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕥'𝕤

TW - Mention of PTSD at the very end of the chapter in the letter.

Minerva, with her cat like hearing, could tell someone stood outside her door. In fact she could tell two people were stood there. With a stern look to the door, it swung open to reveal Ophelia and Lily.

"Ophelia, Miss Evans, what on earth are you two doing here? Why aren't you in Hogsmeade?" Minerva asked, her strong Scottish accent making every word she spoke seem charged with authority and importance.

"Can we speak to you?" Ophelia answered with a question, rather than an answer. "Please." Her voice weary but still cheerful.

"Of course dear, is everything ok?" Minerva removed her glasses from her nose and stood to meet them at the door, but noticing the lack of eye contact from Ophelia she decided on another option. "Shall we go somewhere, a little more, calming?"

"Uh, yeh, please." Ophelia smiled, unsure where this place may be. They followed Minerva out of the classroom. "By the way, Lily knows."

"I see. Miss Evans how are you feeling?" Minerva continued to walk at a brisk pace, the girls only a few steps behind.

"Sad." Lily answered rather abruptly but noticed Ophelia slow down. "I don't mean it in that way, I'm sad that Fi has been through so much. I can't imagine how her life has been." Lily continued, linking her arm around Ophelia's arm.

"I'm glad Ophelia has someone else on her side now."

The rest of the walk remained silent, they walked the corridors until they reached the grounds. Lily gave Ophelia a look that asked 'where are we going' to which Ophelia shrugged in response. But as they reached a forest and steps, Ophelia knew exactly where they were. Unlinking her arm from Lily, Ophelia overtook Minnie and felt herself relax whilst also grow excited by the prospect of what was just around the corner.

"Stormy!" Ophelia called and soon enough a few thumps on the ground were heard and the Hippogriff appeared. Ophelia went to bow, but before she had chance the animal was already cantering towards her at speed.

 Ophelia went to bow, but before she had chance the animal was already cantering towards her at speed

"Ophelia step away." Minerva drew her wand, this wasn't the first time she had seen a Hippogriff, but she tended to keep a distance from all magical creatures as they just weren't her forte. However what she did know was how proud these creatures were, and seeing one run at someone didn't seem like a positive sign. But before she had chance to react, the creature had wrapped her large white tipped eagle wings around Ophelia's small body.

"I missed you too." Ophelia fell into the unexpected yet comforting hug. "Minnie it's ok, I promise. Just when I move away keep eye contact with her then bow. When she bows back, which she will I promise, then you can approach her slowly. Lily you do the same after. I'll be with you guys anyway."

Minerva couldn't help but smile, even if it broke her usual facade. The confidence that radiated from Ophelia when she spoke about the Hippogriff was indescribable; above that though was the smile that rested on the girls face, it was infectious. Unsurprisingly, Minerva knew exactly how to face a Hippogriff but she wouldn't make that known to Ophelia just yet, this was her moment.