𝟛𝟛 - ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟

*mentions of alcohol consumption - please remember to drink responsibly!

"Let's see the dress again!" Marlene bounced onto Ophelia's bed with full force, not caring for anything that lay across the bed already, such as Ophelia's assignments

"Marls! My work!" Ophelia grabbed one of Marlene's arms and yanked her into a sitting position, only to fall back down on to Marlene.

"I'm having a bit of a bi panic right now." Marlene winked at Ophelia who laid currently on top of her.

"What?" Dorcas' voice was heard from somewhere in the room.

"Marls even if I did like girls, which I do not, you wouldn't stand a chance with me." Ophelia winked back at Marlene before pushing herself off. "Dor, Marls is being a vixen, please remove her from my bed."

"I'm not moving until I see your dress again." Marlene answered before Dorcas even had the chance to.

"You will literally see it in less than thirty minutes when I'm changed. I still do not understand why you've made me pick such a fancy dress to wear." Ophelia continued to apply some smokey eyeshadow to her lids.

"And I can't see why you don't just use magic to finish your makeup." Marlene retorted.

"Touché."

After a few more jokes were bounced through the room, the girls began to put on their outfits for the evening. Ophelia hadn't truly 'glammed' up for a long time and deep down couldn't deny she missed the concept. When she wore clothing that made her feel confident, it would also act as armour; shielding her from any negativity. 

Tonight, Ophelia felt the exact same way.

The dress was a blush pink satin with a sweetheart neckline. A corseted style bodice complimented Ophelia's beautiful figure without altering the waist much. From there, it continued to hug her hips into a mini pencil skirt, a small slit on the right hand side allowing ease of movement. Out of all of the outfit, the sleeves had to be Ophelia's favourite. From the neckline an eccentric chiffon bell sleeve puffed out, remaining billowing until they reached her wrists.

"You're so damn gorgeous it's unfair." Alice had come to stand beside Ophelia at the mirror, brushing down on her own dress to remove any creases that were most likely not there.

"You are looking gorgeous too Al." Ophelia wrapped her arm around Alice's waist, giving the girl a tight squeeze of reassurance. "Planning to speak to Frank tonight?"

A few evenings prior Alice had spoken to the girls about her growing feelings for Frank Longbottom. Frank was a rather shy boy, a cautious spirit. Often when he answered questions in class he would stutter slightly, lacking the self confidence that in fact he was extremely intelligent.