𝟚𝟚 - ℝ𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥

December is a unique month; it is one that feels both like a beginning and an ending

December is a unique month; it is one that feels both like a beginning and an ending. It is a month filled with celebration and love but a month where you can recollect.

Recollection was exactly what Ophelia was doing at this moment. There was just under ten days left of term and the Christmas spirit was engulfing the air of Hogwarts. The castle was currently in the process of being decorated, Hagrid had not long passed Ophelia with two fir trees resting on either shoulder. Ophelia chuckled as he passed by her, amazed by how easily he could carry two fully grown trees but also happy to see the large smile resting on his face. Strumming her hands across the everlasting icicles that hung from banisters, Ophelia couldn't help but recollect on all the Christmases past. Christmases that didn't fulfil the dream of love and family, this year would be different though.

It was early on a Sunday morning, not many people had woken yet or left their common room because breakfast began at eight-am rather than six. Ophelia had naughtily decided not to speak with Minnie about the sleep issues because it wasn't overbearing like previous; and as always she was stubborn and wanted to do this alone. Whilst it was still rather empty around the castle, a lot seemed to be going on still. So Ophelia decided to gather her thoughts with Stormy and Buckbeak, where there would be no Christmas bustle.

 So Ophelia decided to gather her thoughts with Stormy and Buckbeak, where there would be no Christmas bustle

Outside the sun had just began to rise, enough to allow the frost laced between the grass to glisten. There was a bitter breeze in the air, cold enough to make Ophelia pull her coat into a tighter hug around her. Each step caused the branches and last autumnal leaves to crack, crunch and crinkle beneath her feet. Other than the sound of her steps and a few boots from an owl, the outdoors was quiet and it was blissfully languor to be in. After a few minutes of walking that soothing atmosphere was interrupted by a high pitch whistle, followed by a lack lustred attempt to copy the sound. But to Ophelia this sound was just what she wanted to hear.

"Stormy, Beaky, it's me." Ophelia called out. Hooves and claws hitting the frosty ground signalled Stormy had heard Ophelia, and within seconds the Hippogriff stood proud in front of her. "Morning Stormy, I'm just going to sit with you both until breakfast, I've got some letters to write anyway." Stormy responded with a few clicks of her large beak. "I wish I knew what you were saying lovely." Ophelia rubbed the head of the Hippogriffs head. "Where's Beaky?"