𝟜 - 𝔸 𝔾𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕒𝕟 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

The day following Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall's chat was a Saturday

The day following Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall's chat was a Saturday. Minerva had made the decision to discuss her plan with Ophelia that day; as well as simply wanting to spend more time with the girl.

Being a weekend meant there were no classes to teach, so other than a few errands the lady was able to floo to the hospital by 11am. When she arrived in Ophelia's room she found the girl sat in a bay window reading, her knees were tucked up to her chest and she looked rather peaceful.

"Morning Ophelia."

"Oh Professor! I didn't expect to see you so soon! Is everything ok?"

"More than ok." As always the two mugs of teas were made and the lady took a seat on the bed to face opposites Ophelia. "I spoke with your nurse yesterday evening, she says you're physically able to return home from Monday."

"A-already?"

"Yes dear."

"But where will I go?" Ophelia truly didn't know the answer to this herself. "I don't know if you know but Mr and Mrs Montgomery aren't, well, in a position to look after me anymore."

"Mr and Mrs Montgomery, these are your parents?" Minerva asked, shocked to not hear her address them as her parents.

"Uh, adopted." Ophelia fidgeted a bit in her seat.

"Ah I see, well I don't know all your circumstances, that is your story to tell." Confidence was no issue for Minerva but this moment caused snidgets to flutter inside her stomach. "But it is why I have come to see you, I'd like to become your legal guardian."

"Really?" Ophelia couldn't contain the excitement in her voice, for once fear had been pushed entirely to the back due to the safety Professor McGonagall allowed her to feel.

"Only if you feel comfortable with it." Minerva wanted to be assured that this was a choice by both of them, and not forced by herself. However even Minerva couldn't disregard the excitement she could hear from Ophelia's response.

"You don't even know me though?" Ophelia asked, genuinely intrigued how someone could offer something so large from knowing so little.

"From the short time I have spent with you I know well enough that you deserve some good in your life." Minerva smiled gently as she said this, the kind of reassuring smile only a mother could give. "I feel we will make a great pair."

"Thank you."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes please." Ophelia could feel the smile grow even larger on her own face, thinking it had never stretched so far.

"Wonderful. I have more news too, Professor Dumbledore would like you to join Hogwarts this September. There is only a week left of this school year, then it will be the summer holidays." Minerva stood as she said this, walking to the front of the room like it was time to teach a class. "In that time I will mentor you on as much as the basics to get you up to date on what you will need to know to enter your fourth year. Then when you reach Hogwarts, any elements you struggle with I will see if I can get the subject's Professor to aid you more than I can in the specifics."