𝟛𝟝 - ℝ𝕖𝕞, ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖

Remus awoke with disjointed memories and pain from the night that had just past

Remus awoke with disjointed memories and pain from the night that had just past. He wasn't entirely too sure how long he had slept, he remembered Madam Pomfrey collecting him from the Whomping Willow but everything else remained a blur.

Exam season stress had made this full moon much worse than usual and the evidence of that was the additions to his gallery of scars on his body.

One new deep gash that stretched along his neck line, just beneath his Adam's apple, was already fading due to Madam Pomfrey's incredible healing essence. Several more littered his body and especially his hands too. Sadly, these scars would never fully disappear; the healing essence would close the smallest of wounds and speed up the healing progress for larger wounds. However, there was no remedy for scars caused by 'magic', especially ones so deep.

Supposedly the Marauders had attempted to visit him that morning, but were ushered away by Madam Pomfrey. Sirius then came a second time with the excuse of needing to give Remus his 'Defence Against The Dark Arts' as an attempt to gossip together. Predictably, Madam Pomfrey again shooed him out, knowing this to be one of the boys' most common excuses to join their friend.

Even though his head pounded, Remus tried to catch up on some revision to pass the dragging time. Concentrating wasn't easy, so when some hushed voices could be heard from behind the curtain Madam Pomfrey placed beside his bed to hide him from other students, Remus found himself quickly distracted.

"I'm sorry but he can't have any visitors." Remus heard Madam Pomfrey loudly whisper to the visitor.

"So he is here then?" A soft, calm voice that wasn't regular in the wing was heard.

"Pardon?"

"Remus Lupin, he is here then." Then Remus realised, no one could make his day brighter by saying his name than this person.

"I - Miss McGonagall you cannot go -"

Remus didn't have time to react. Instead all he could do was watch as the curtain flung aside. Time seemed to pause right then.

Ophelia had tears in her eyes. The tears shimmered against her blue eyes, making it impossible not to notice them. Before he could get lost in those eyes and feel worse about the upset he had caused, Remus turned his attention back to his revision - or at least tried to.

"Rem?" The nickname left Ophelia's mouth with a quavering voice.

Remus couldn't bring himself to look back up to Ophelia. Not whilst he laid on the hospital bed shamefully.

"Rem, please." A sniffle was heard, Remus couldn't tell whether Ophelia was now crying because he didn't want to see that. He didn't want to see that hatred.

"Remus. Please just look at me." The use of his full name was like a fatal stab to his heart. She was disgusted with him, Remus was now sure of it.

"Rem-"