𝟙𝟠 - ℂ𝕣𝕒𝕫𝕖 𝕎𝕖𝕖𝕜𝕝𝕪

This poem flows really well with this chapter ❤️

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Nothing much had occurred in the previous few weeks. For starters Ophelia had served her detention for 'Operation Prank Minnie the Cat', each one spent with a different member of staff. Filch's detention was by far the worst and Ophelia could completely understand how he was a prime target for many of the Marauder pranks.

Like Ophelia had expected, Minnie wasn't actually that upset about the prank; she was rather impressed. Strangely she seemed excited about the prospect of Ophelia becoming closer to the Marauders. Also Ophelia kept trying to mention to Minnie about her sleeping struggles but every time she attempted to, something made her stop. This could be down to interruption from another student or it would be Ophelia's doubts interrupting them. Instead, Ophelia found herself writing to Dr Weber, asking for her advice on the sleep and why the draught was no longer working. Hopefully Dr Weber could give her an unbiased answer and also medical response.

The bond with her and the Marauders continued to grow; especially with James. Ophelia was finding how they balanced each other out perfectly whilst being unusually similar. James always had a way to light up a room but also make you feel safe. Sirius and Ophelia continued to bond too, Sirius she had noticed kept an extra close eye on her movements but never questioned things. Between the three of them they would 'perfect' the Marauders pranks; Sirius explained this was because Ophelia added a 'necessary female touch'.

Peter and Ophelia didn't necessarily bond through words or in the day, instead it would be Peter sneaking bits of food from his midnight kitchen run and leaving it on the table for her with a note. Sleep, or rather lack of, was something that hadn't changed for Ophelia, clearly Peter had noticed this or maybe he had guessed. But the bits of food each night being eaten were definitely a give away.

Remus however hadn't really bonded with Ophelia much more, if anything he was rather reserved when around her. Ophelia was beginning to notice this and couldn't help but feel like she had possibly done something wrong. However these worries were settled slightly when she heard that his mother wasn't too well and he had to go home this weekend; Ophelia decided this may be the reason he seemed less enthusiastic.

Otherwise, everything else was the exact same and that was exactly how Ophelia liked it. Change was daunting, it was unknown and Ophelia just wanted something to stay the same. Hogwarts was giving her that chance.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

16th November was a very exciting Saturday, today was the first trip to Hogsmeade of the year; and Ophelia's first ever trip. Ophelia noticed how the prospect of the village enlivened almost everyone, this in turn made her want to see what all the fuss was about.