𝟙𝟟 - 𝔽𝕠𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝔹𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪

The feeling of falling woke Ophelia and, like always, she found herself wide awake. Frustrated, she turned over and blindly felt for her wand on the beside table; how much Ophelia wished they had electricity at the school grew more in this moment. Once she had the wand grasped in her hand she cast 'lumos', first she checked the rusty clock beside her and read it was 3:15am; this caused an almost inaudible groan to leave Ophelia's mouth.

"Why can't I just sleep like a normal person?" Ophelia whispered to nobody but herself. But this originally rhetorical question sparked the second thing Ophelia decided to check. Pointing her wand towards the bedside table she looked for the potion bottle of the sleeping draught. What she saw made her stomach do a little somersault, she had drank all of it. So why, again, was she woken up? In her head she made a mental note to speak with Minnie about this, have a stronger dose made.

Knowing there was absolutely no chance to fall asleep again, Ophelia decided to repeat Saturday nights events. Drinking the Chamomile reminded her of the summer she spent with Minnie, how Minnie was always there to soothe her. Ophelia wished she had that now, or someone else at least. But maybe it was just as much her pride as it was fear stopping her from telling people.

Ophelia wasn't sure how much time had passed, other than that she had read 5 chapters of 'The Da Vinci Code' when the creaking of stairs pulled her attention away. But even if she didn't have ears like a wolf, she would have definitely heard the 'thud'. Someone had missed the bottom step or maybe two.

"Oh my gosh are you ok?" Ophelia stood quickly and headed over to the person.

"Um, uh, why are you here?" The boy lifted his head slowly.

"Peter?"

"Hi."

"Are you ok?" Ophelia knelt down to him and noticed a small bump forming on his head. "You need ice."

Peter sat on the floor still, a bit phased, more likely because he was fast asleep. But also in admiration watching how Ophelia bustled about, summoned a bowl, towel and then turned water into ice.

"Can you stand?" Ophelia pressed the compress she had just made onto his forehead, which caused Peter to let out a small hiss. "Sorry, let's get you sat. Where on earth were you going, I don't normally see you about."

"I wanted food."

"You decided at, what like four am, that you wanted food?" Ophelia watched as Peter took a seat on the sofa, before deciding to sit down opposite him.

"Yep, I needed pancakes." Peter explained in a slight whisper, almost like he was embarrassed.

"You do realise breakfast doesn't start yet?"

"I was going to the kitchens."

"Kitchens? We have kitchens?"

"Oh no, I shouldn't have said that." Peter slapped his head but in doing so hit the bump on his head. "Owwwwwww." His bottom lip began to tremble and it took a lot for Ophelia not to laugh at the dramatics. But then pain is different to everybody, and clearly Peter was in some sort of pain.