𝟜𝟚 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕖 𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕆𝕗 𝕄𝕖

It was the partial sight of a deep burgundy, velvet blazer that caused Ophelia to stop midway down the stairs

It was the partial sight of a deep burgundy, velvet blazer that caused Ophelia to stop midway down the stairs. Her mind was telling her to turn around but her feet would not listen.

"Long time, no see my Hunny Bun." A smirk grew larger on the clean shaven, moisturised face as he recited the nickname.

"Caspar." Ophelia felt the name burn through her gritted teeth, like it was a flame she had tried to keep extinguished for so long that it burnt with force once it could escape.

"You don't seem so happy to see your beloved boyfriend now do you?" The signature eyebrow lift accompanied the sarcasm from Caspar.

"Cut the bullshit Caspar." Ophelia took the final few steps down to be face to face with the unwanted guest.

"Feisty since you left the Montgomery's huh? Can't imagine they'd be best pleased." Caspar had always known how to push Ophelia's buttons, he'd been taught by the best.

"Please just leave." Ophelia sighed, not having the energy to verbally fight with anyone; let alone with someone who she had blindly hoped would stay in her past. "You have no right to be here, you're not even my fake boyfriend anymore."

"I simply came to wish you luck." A sickening smile grew on Caspar's face as he spoke, knowing his tactics were working. Or at least he believed they were.

"We both know that isn't true."

"Well, I did see you ran into a small problem yesterday too. You always did love to cause drama." Caspar uncrossed his arms. "It will look good if the world sees us making amends after something so traumatic." He mocked quotation marks with the final word, just to belittle Ophelia's emotions more.

"And there he is. The real Caspar Beaumont." Ophelia raised her arms dramatically, accompanied with a huff. "The guy who only seeks out others when it will benefit himself."

"You're getting all shirty over nothing."

"Over nothing?" Ophelia pulled her sleeve up that revealed the bandages caused from the night before. "This. This is nothing is it?"

"You've changed."

"And you haven't."

"You don't have the right to speak back to me like this." Caspar took a step closer towards Ophelia, hoping his height would intimidate her back into his desired place.

"Why, because I'm female?" Ophelia, proving that she was no longer a puppet to many, took a step forward too. "You wouldn't want a female to have strength now would you? Merlin you're so stuck in the eighteenth century."