18. Blooming

Trigger warning ⚠️

Trigger warning ⚠️

This episode contains mention of blood and accident stuff. Please skip if you are uncomfortable with such topics.

"Do you really have to go?" Joanne asked, buttoning Jungkook's shirt.

"It won't be long. It's a request from grandpa I can't say no," he said, looking down at the figure much smaller than him.

"Okay," she tried to smile. The thought of Jungkook meeting Taehyung made her uneasy. She don't even want to think about him. Not after the things he did and how she almost lost Jungkook.

"Come on, put up a pretty wide smile on that face," he pinched her cheeks drawing a giggle out of her. She watched as he walked out of door and let out a loud huff.

Fuck, why am I so anxious

Jungkook reaches the jail Taehyung was kept in. He is not transferred to a sentenced jail yet because police are still investigating the case. He is asked to wait in a room and he turned his head in the direction when the door is unlocked and Taehyung walks in. He looked different and unfamiliar in those jail clothes.

"Taehyung," Jungkook huffed as Taehyung sat down opposite to him.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung asked clicking his tongue.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean what happened?" Taehyung frowned. Jungkook tried really hard not to lose his patience.

"Why did you turn yourself in?" Jungkook frowned. Taehyung chuckled.

"Did you come all the way here to ask that?"

"Yes Taehyung. I did. Are you willing to answer my question?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung rose from the seat and walked to the door with Jungkook's eyes following him.

"Don't ever come back," he said and didn't give any chance to Jungkook to talk before he walked out of the door.

🥀🥀🥀

"I'll go down this aisle and get the rest of the products in the list. You stick around and see if you find anything interesting we may try cooking new things," Mrs. Lee said and pushed the trolley down the hallway. Joanne suggested that she would come along for grocery shopping to stay away from the thoughts bothering her. It sure was a distraction.

She was scanning the cheese section when she felt a small tug at her pants. She looked down and found a cute kid not more than an year old. She talked something gibberish that Joanne couldn't understand. Joanne giggled and lifted her up.

"Where is your mommy cutie?" She asked, booping her nose. The kid blinked two times at her before pointing her teeny tiny hand towards the end of the aisle. "You shouldn't be running away you know. Bad guys will get you," she said as she walked in the direction kid pointed.

"Annie!" Joanne was startled by the loud voice she heard. A worried mother ran to her and snatched her from Joanne's arms. "How many times did I tell you not to run off," she yelled scaring the kid. The kid broke down into loud sobs.

"Woah, she is a kid. Don't yell at her," Joanne chuckled nervously. She snapped her eyes at Joanne.

"Do you have kids?" She asked with a grim face. Joanne shook her head slowly.

"Well then you definitely don't know how if feels like to lose one. Especially in a big place like this," she spat before walking away carrying a sobbing kid. Joanne felt a ache in her heart.

"Wow," was all she could manage to say followed by a chuckle. "Does losing one before giving birth count lady?" her lips trembled to stop rumbling sobs piling up her throat. A tear drop rolled down her cheek. She felt suffocated to stay in the place so she tried to find Mrs. Lee and told her she is going to stay outside. She stood under a cherry blossom tree by the bus stop and tried not to let any sad thoughts get her.

"Ice cream mam? Freshly made. Please have one. Be my first customer today?" A young man asked her. He looked sweaty from pushing the cart but there was a spark in his eyes. She smiled and nodded.

"What flavours you have?" She asked, scanning the menu on the side of his cart. She finally decided to buy an orange flavoured popsicle. She was licking the ice cream and feeling relaxed when Mrs. Lee came by.

"The driver is on the other side, I'll ask him to come," Mrs. Lee said, settling the grocery bags down. She was about to take her phone when Joanne stopped her.

"It'll only take a couple of seconds to cross. Let's just cross the road Mrs. Lee," she suggested. Mrs. Lee nodded.

"As you wish," she smiled. She took one of the bags from her hand. The started to walk when the pedestrian symbol turned green. They were in the middle of road when people started to panic and yell. She didn't understand what was happening until she saw a car speeding up towards them. Her mind and body froze as she didn't understand what to do. She could hear faint voices in the back of her head yelling her to move away but she just couldn't move.

"Joanne!"

She felt a violent tug on her hand and then her body touched the ground. "Are you okay?" Mrs. Lee looked at her worried. Joanne couldn't answer because many things were running in her mind. The familiar scene happened just now. She closed her eyes when flashes of memory kept hitting her.

Joanne! Watch out!

Someone pulled her and she let out a painful sob when he body touched the ground. She put her hand protectively under the belly as an instinct to protect the baby. She opened her eyes and felt dizzy at the sight of blood.

"No, no, no, someone call 911!" she yelled on the top of her lungs.

"Please don't close your eyes. Don't," she cupped the familiar face in her hand. Panic took over her body as the warm sticky blood touched her skin.

(Currently) Joanne held her head as she couldn't see the face clearly. She didn't mind the yelling on people in the background. Everyone was asking if she was feeling okay. Mrs. Lee kept shaking her to ask if she was okay.

The face. "No! No!" Joanne was slapping the cheek of the person. Her breathing got heavy. "Why isn't anyone helping!"

"Joanne! Say something! Atleast stand up we are blocking," Mrs. Lee started to get worried.

"Lucy! Open your eyes!"

Joanne snapped her eyes open. Tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollably. "She died saving me?" She sobbed looking at Mrs. Lee.

"She fucking died saving me."

If you are confused the italics are the past scenes.

Hope you enjoyed this update. Thanks for reading. Leave stars and comments. Also Kofi donations if you like uwu