Part 47: All I Want

(So for those who did not want to go back and re read the story after I changed some things around, one of the things I changed was in chapter 8, when Negan was trying to get Bree to be one of his wives. I changed the whole her saying yes part because afterwards that always made me cringed that I did that and I just really didn't feel like that was something that Bree's character would do. I just wanted to give you a heads up because that gets brought up in this chapter and I don't want anyone to be like wha?? Anyway enjoy! Here's to the first new chapter in like two years!)  

Bree sat on the back of an old beaten down motorcycle as Negan drove them back to the reserve where Bree stayed with her family. It was super uncomfortable considering there wasn't much room for her and she just barely fit behind Negan's large frame. Any other circumstance, she would have shifted back into her wolf and ran along side him (She knew she would be fast enough) but it was another excuse to stay pressed up close against Negan and to just enjoy the physical contact on their last ride.

 Luckily she was able to find a pair of jeans at the house they crashed in close to her size or else this would have never worked. Every now and then she would squeeze him tight, just to let him know that she was going to miss him.

Bree still wanted more than ever just to ride off into the sunset with Negan and just say screw it all, but his words kept echoing in her head. She sure as hell was still pissed that Jeremy and her family lied to her this long and she was fully planning on using that as one of her bargaining chips when the time came, but Negan was right. She would not be mad at them forever and she would definitely miss them. 

Plus, she wanted to try and make it amoungst the communities they already had. She was just starting to get most people to come around and accept her again and she had gotten the trust back from her family and she didn't want to throw that away. They were both pretty sure that there was not much else out there for them and that they would stand a better chance of survival right where they were, with other people. 

At least Negan did. 

Granted Bree was more equipped to be on her own to an extent but she knew that she wouldn't always be there to protect Negan and no matter what, things were always safer in numbers. She had to think realistically and no matter how much it sucked, she needed to be around a community. They both did.

Bree was so caught up in her own thoughts, resting her head against Negan's back, she didn't even realize the trouble they were about to find themselves in. 

They came up around a bend and all the sudden she heard Negan curse and then that was it.

 Bree had no clue what was going on he veered off the side of the road until he dropped the bike. Bree let out a scream from the surprise of what happened and she rolled into the ditch with Negan about twenty feet in front of her. 

Bree had the wind knocked out of her but she was okay. She had gotten road rash from the pavement on her arm that looked worse than she felt but that was about it. She knew she would recover quickly, Negan on the other hand not so much. 

Before she hurried over to him, her eyes were pulled to the little culprit standing in the middle of  the street. There stood a little girl, no taller than Bree's waist, wearing a cowboy had and a stink eye like no other, holding a pistol pointed right at them. 

There was no mistaking that this had to be Judith. She remembered Carl wearing the same exact hat. She must have shot at them. 

Bree ignored her and ran straight over to Negan. 

"Are you okay?!" Bree asked in a panic as she tried to help him up and look him over. 

Negan held up a hand for her to give him a second to catch his breath and by the look of his face he was in some pain. Bree stood next to him with a hand on his arm, ready to help him when he was ready for it. It was definitely a rough fall for someone of his size and age. She saw that he landed on his hip and then rolled into the ditch from the impact. She was hoping nothing was broken.