Part 32: I Know That You'll Never Feel Like I Do

((( Ok so I lied, this chapter is a fluffer. Sorry, I just really wanted to get one cute and somewhat peaceful moment in before shit hit the fan again. I also kinda a wanted to slow things down a bit because I feel like I am approaching the end fast and I'm just not ready for that yet ;P Please don't be mad, I'll try to get the next one out by tomorrow, if not the next day!  By the way, I ended up posting the first two chapters of my prequel, Animal I am Becoming, just wanted to throw that out there)))

Once Bree and Negan neared the Sanctuary, Negan slowed the car just a bit.

 "Alright...Were almost there...Let me do the talkin' at the gate, you just sit there and look pretty" He said as he craned his neck to see the front gates. 

Bree rolled her eyes and didn't respond, wondering how he was going to play this off.

"Hmm...Well everything seems as normal as it could be out front" Negan said as the pulled up to the gate.

 There were a few Saviors casually standing outside on guard, like they usually were. When he drove up he rolled down the window. One of the men walked up and leaned down, his eyes widening when he saw just who was in the car.

 "Negan...I knew it...Your alive" He said in a cheery voice.

 His attitude quickly changed when he saw it was Bree sitting in the car next to him. Bree gave him a smirk and winked, flicking her eye brows and nodding her head.

The Savior didn't know what to make of the situation as he nervously looked back and forth between him and Bree.

 "Sir...Are you okay?" He asked Negan like one would ask an abuse victim if they were okay while in the presence of their abuser.

"Hell yeah I'm am...But you're not gonna say a word of this, you understand? Daddy's home and and it's gonna be a surprise...Hell I got all sorts of surprises to roll out...Hey by any chance, you see Simon around?"

The Savior looked confused and anxious about answering that question. Negan raised his eye brows as if he was expecting an answer and the Savior said "Simon..Uhh yeah, he actually just left about five minutes ago, you just missed him. He was making the last rounds."

Negan turned his head to look at Bree and met her confused expression with furrowed eye brows. He turned his head back to the guard and said "Hmm...Interesting...Did he seem...okay to you? Anything out of the ordinary with him?"

"No sir...I'm not sure what you mean but he seemed normal I guess" He responded, showing confusion in his question.

 "Hmm...OK then...Well thanks for the greeting...If I hear that you said anything about seeing us tonight, you will have some mighty apologizing to do...Only it won't me to me, it will be to Lucille, Understand?" Negan threatened. 

"Yeah of course, whatever you say."

"Alrighty then, you boys have a good night" Negan said, ending the conversation and driving off.

Once they were away Bree shook her head from side to side.

 "I don't understand...How is that possible? He should be a full on wolf by now, and even if he wasn't, he would be showing obvious signs of a sickness, anyone would know something wasn't right with him."

"Hmm...Maybe you didn't bite him hard enough" Negan suggested.

 Bree shook her head.

 "No...I could taste his blood Negan, I bit him and I bit him good...I just don't understand any of this" She said, at a loss.