Part 15: Tables Do Turn

Negan let Bree out of the RV first. She didn't look at anyone but the air was heavy with the smell of fear.

 "Are we pissin' our pants yet?" She heard Negan say as she made her way to the roof of the RV.

 She walked over to the hood and used it to get on the top and then paced back and forth like a tiger, stalking it's prey as she glared down at the Alexandrian's that were now before her, growling to show intimidation.

 "Yep...It's gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon" Negan continued on.

Still on top of the RV as Negan went on with his speech, Bree went one by one in the line up, getting a good look at everyone who was now kneeling before them. 

There was an Asian man, a girl with dark hair, a man with a bloody shoulder, a woman with dreads, and another man who looked like he was terrified for everyone's life and the the reality of the situation was just now sinking in.

 Bree had a hunch that he may have been their leader.

 There were a few other people but the one who really caught her eye was a woman with short dark hair who looked very ill. She was not in good shape and she felt bad that she got caught up in the middle of this. There was also a kid in the line up that looked like he was no older than 15 or 16 wearing a cowboy hat and a dirty white patch over his eye.

Bree zoned right in on the kid and she began to feel apprehensive about this whole thing. This kid should have not been here and she hoped that Negan would leave him alone.

 All these people looked very different from one another but they all had one thing in common. 

Fear.

They all looked terrified and it was taking a lot of self reassurance for Bree not to feel sorry for them. Bree kept reminding herself of all the people they killed and how they did it in cold blood.

As Negan continued on, he walked back and forth through out the line-up and zoned in on a few individuals as if he were testing them. He made a comment about putting the sick woman out of her misery and the Asian guy jumped up at her defense, only to be knocked back down again.

 Bree had a feeling that they were together by how protective he was over her. 

She knew Nick would have done the same thing for her if the situation was reversed. 

"First one's free, I get it, it's an emotional moment" Negan said toying with Lucille as they dragged the Asian back in line.

All the sudden, from out of the woods a few of Negan's men came with more people from Alexandria.

 "Well what do we have here?" Negan asked, eyeing them as they came up.

 "These two broke away from the rest of them when we rounded them up and we chased them for about a mile. They put up a good fight but we put up a better one" One of the men said.

Once the rest of the guys moved out of the way so they could face Negan, Bree swore her eyes were playing tricks on her. 

After blinking a few times and realizing they weren't, things changed drastically for her.

The two that tried to escape and were now being kicked to the ground on their knees in the line up were Jeremy and Clayton. 

Her alpha who was also her father and her big brother. Bree's eyes went wide as she zoned in on them.

 For a brief moment, nothing else mattered and she was so happy to see they were alive that she wanted to run over there and tackle them with joy but she had to remember where she was and what her place was now.