Part 16: Come Together

After the Alexandrian's made it back through the gates of Alexandria, Rick called a meeting to the church with everyone about everything that went down with the Savior's. 

Jeremy and Clay ran back to the house that they shared with Elena and Nick to tell them the good news about Bree bring alive. Everyone was very emotional about this news but the pack knew that they would have to attend this meeting or else it would look suspicious.

Clay walked over to Nick and clasped a hand on his shoulder.

 "We got this, we'll cover for you...Go get our girl" He said to Nick giving him a smile.

 Nick's heart was practically beating out of his chest knowing that his love was alive and he looked to Jeremy for reassurance. Jeremy smiled and gave him a nod and Nick took off running to the gates.

 He couldn't wait to set his eyes on Bree again and hold her and tell her how much he loved her. It all seemed so unreal that she was alive and well and he felt like this was a reoccuring dream that he's had many of times.

As he made his way over to the gates, he ran into Rosita. "Nick...Oh my God Nick" She breathed as she went running into his arms. 

Nick hugged her in reluctance and she cried in his chest. "It was horrible...They killed Abraham, Glenn, and Aaron" She choked out between sobs.

 "I know, I know, I just talked to Jeremy, he told me what happened, I'm so sorry Rose" He said resting his cheek against his forehead. 

They stood like that for a moment more and then Rosita pulled away from him and said "Come on, We have to go meet with Rick and the other's at the church. Rick wants to fill everyone in."

She grabbed his hand to pull him towards the meeting but Nick stopped in his tracks. Rosita turned around in confusion and looked at Nick with a puzzled look.

 "Nick...What's wrong? Aren't you coming?" She asked, not sure what to make of his behavior.

 Nick looked at her with a lost look in his eyes and slowly shook his head back and forth.

 "Why?" Rosita said bluntly, not understanding what could be more important. Nick continued to shake his head and said "I can't...I just can't...Look Rosita....What we had was fun but I can't do this anymore, I don't want to do this anymore...I'm sorry. I have to be honest with you, this will never turn into anything more then what it is."

The truth was that Nick and Rosita had grown close in his time at Alexandria and over the past week they had been hooking up in their spare time. It seemed like they were both using each other to fill some sort of a gap in their lives and Rosita made it clear to Nick that it was all purely physical and nothing else.

Rosita first looked at Nick through hurt eyes and then they slowly turned to a glare. She threw his hand down out of her grasp and huffed.

 "Fine...It doesn't matter, we have bigger things to worry about now...Maybe it's for the best" She said coldly. 

"Look Rosita, I'm sorry, it's just that-" Nick started but what cut off by Rosita who held her hand up to silence him. 

"Uh uh, I don't care, I don't want to know, it's not gonna change anything. Even though you are done with me you should still go to the meeting...Or don't, I don't care anymore" She said through a shaky voice, trying to keep her emotions in check.

Before Nick could say anything else, she turned away from him and starting heading to the church by herself. Nick sadly watched her walk away. He knew that he had just hurt her and he felt bad but what was he suppose to do? Up until ten minutes ago, he was sure that Bree was dead and never to be seen again and it had been almost a year since he last saw her.