Part 2: This is it, the Apocalypse

After making a brief eye contact with Negan, Bree took off running for the woods as Saviors were jumping to get out of her way. She had to see how far away the dead were and exactly how many because her nose was telling her there was a lot. She sprinted as fast as she could to another clearing on a mountain top and scanned the area. She walked around to see if she could get a better view and silently cursed when she saw just what she was dealing with.

It was definitely a herd all right, and of course it was one of the bigger herds that she had seen. They were heading right for town where these new people were at and they were closing in fast. She suspected it was the gun fire that drew them from when Davy tried to shoot her.

 Bree scrambled around in her head for an idea even though there was not much she could do. They were so close that by the time she got down there it would be too late.

All the sudden a light bulb went off in her head and she threw her head back and let out a loud bellowing howl throughout woods. Maybe if she could direct their attention somewhere else they would leave the town alone and come her way instead.

 This plan was short lived when only a fraction of them broke off and stumbled in her direction. 

'Shit shit shit!' Bree cursed internally before tearing off into the woods back to the town. She just found these people after thinking that the human race was extinct and she was not going to lose them. She had to do everything in her power to help them.

On her way down, she began to hear gunshots which fueled more speed in her steps. She was already too late and even though it was practically suicide she still had to get back there to help them any way she could. 

Normally she avoided big herds and stayed as far away from the dead as she could to not end up in a risky situation. Her animal instincts were screaming at her to get as far away as possible but as a human still on the inside it was not an option. She would rather die fighting to try to protect these people then go back to living a life of solitude now that she had finally found what she had been searching for all this time.

As she broke into the town she took notice to a few of the Saviors, already down on the ground torn to pieces.

 'Ohh no!' She panicked internally as she frantically searched for the rest of them. The first thing she caught sight of was a dead cluster closing in on a guy standing on the hood of one of the smaller trucks. He had just fired off his last shot when the gun started to click to signify he was out of ammo.

Bree jumped up and grabbed one by the head tearing it off of it's rotting carcass of a body in one clean swipe. She did the same to the next one and then grabbed the shoulder of another one, bringing it down to her level. She stood over it and crushed the head in her jaws until it was no longer moving.

 This gave the man a moment to brace himself and he was able to pull out a knife and stab the last one that was closing in on him up through the jaw. Bree made eye contact with him before speeding off to help someone else and she saw that the man she saved was that Davy guy that tried to kill her earlier.

 "How ironic" she thought.

Most of the saviors had gotten away and were already speeding off in their trucks. Negan was using Lucille to make a clearing to get to his so he could do the same.

 As he swung the bat he left a trail of blood spatter and body parts up to his vehicle. He opened up his driver's side door to climb in as a small herd closed in around him. When he climbed in they grabbed at his boots and pulled him back. Negan hung onto the door as he kicked out trying to get away from them. He turned over on his back and pulled out a pistol and fired away hoping to hit at least one so he could get his bearings. He managed to hit two and as they fell back another one came in its place, trying to claw up his legs.