Part 41: Preparations

A few days later, Bree gradually awoke to a low humming of a busy Sanctuary underneath her. Everyone must have been down stairs because Bree's ears were definitely picking up a lot of activity from the lower levels. She rolled over to stretch and saw that Negan was no where to be found in the room that they now shared.

She sat up and threw her legs over the side of the bed and let out a deep yawn. She had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that today was going to be a big day, so she got up, got dressed, and headed down stairs to see what all the commotion was about. There was absolutely no one on the upper levels which was odd for this time of day. This confirmed her suspicions even more.

When Bree arrived to the common area of the Sanctuary, everyone was scurrying about, busy as bees. She scanned the room to look for Negan and saw that he was talking to Eugene and father Gabriel?

On her way over to him, she ran into Laura who was escorting Dwight down a hallway.

"Hey Laura, what's going on?" Bree asked, treating Dwight like he wasn't there. 

Laura's face softened when she saw Bree.

 "Hey, I'm surprised Negan hasn't told you, Eugene finished the inventory that Negan had him workin' on...They are getting ready to test it out. If everything goes as planned, Negan wants to go ahead and start the attack on Alexandria as soon as today!" Laura beamed excitedly.

Bree looked at Laura as if she had three heads.

 "What attack?" Bree asked, not sure what Laura was talking about.

 Laura's enthusiasm left her face. 

"Oh..Shit...Sorry, I just assumed Negan told you, he's been planning this move on Alexandria for weeks now...He has a plan to surround them and wipe them out for good, they will no longer be a threat to us anymore!"

Bree stared at Laura trying to make sense of her words. She knew that Negan was up in arms with Alexandria but  she didn't understand why she was left out of this all together. After she said goodbye to Laura, she marched right up to Negan. 

Gabriel and Eugene's eyes shifted over to her as she tapped Negan on the shoulder. He turned around with raised eyebrows and his face turned into a smile when he saw it was Bree.

 "There's my girl!" He boasted as he leaned in to give Bree a kiss.

 "How's it going baby?" He asked, throwing his whole body in his movements, obviously putting on a show.

Bree's eyes darted back and forth from Negan to Eugene and Gabriel as she said with a fake smile "I don't know, you tell me...What's all this about?"

She caught Negan's eyes dropping a little at her words but he still had to keep up his appearance. 

"This...All this is about justice, the last stand, the beginning of something good! This is about us finally taking a mother-fuckin' stand and showing all those other fuckers out there that you do NOT fuck with the Saviors!"

He was still obviously putting on a show and Bree rolled her eyes. 

Pulling him closer to her by his jacket, in a low voice she said "That's great darling, it really is...Now why don't you tell me what is really going on" wanting him to cut the bull shit.

 Negan sighed and excused himself from his conversation. With a frown, he grabbed Bree under her arm and pulled her away so he could talk privately.

"Look, I get what this looks like, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you about any of this sooner...You had a lot on your plate at the time, I didn't want to involve you in any of this with your history with Alexandria and I wanted to handle it my way" Negan explained.