Part 7: Freak Like Me

Negan wondered if he should just put her out of her misery. Twice he had to remove her hand cuffs because she would start to change and then revert back to human and each time looked more painful then the last.

 'What the hell is going on?' Negan wondered as he did his best to take care of her, not really knowing what to do. Feeling like he embarked on some scientific break through, he wanted to keep her alive so he could figure out what her story was and most importantly, what she was. Just when he thought he had seen it all, along came this little flower and totally wiped out his interpretation on reality.

Eventually her body calmed and she stopped shifting.

Bree gradually moved her head back and forth, letting out a moan as she slowly came to. Her whole body hurt and it felt like her muscles had just been thrown through a meat grinder. She tried to turn into the fetal position but stopped when her hands wouldn't budge. She opened her eyes and looked up to see that she was handcuffed to the bed. Furrowing her eyebrows, she jerked her hands to feel how sturdy they were and she realized she was not going any where any time soon.

She heard a throat clear and she jerked her head forward to see Negan staring at her with a very intense expression. Her eyes went wide and she felt herself begin to panic. 

In the short time that she had been at the Sanctuary, she had come to understand what kind of person Negan is and she knew that shifting like that in front of him wasn't good, aside from the fact that she just rocked his world. She took a shaky breath and swallowed.

 "Hi" She said, not really knowing what else to say.

Negan shifted in his seat, surprised at her first choice of words. He studied her long and hard, long enough to make her feel even more uncomfortable than she already was. 

He let out a 'hmpf' and said "And to think I thought you were part Great Dane," his eyes never leaving her face.

"Hee hee...surprise?" She responded with a pained expression trying to be comical, only Negan wasn't laughing. When she saw that he was in no mood for her jokes, the smile slowly faded from her face. The awkwardness was killing her. 

Negan shifted again, leaning forward as if he was really studying her. "You have some explaining to do sweetheart, you can start but telling me if you were born a freak or is this something that came later in life."

 That stung.

 Bree didn't even like the term werewolf, let alone freak and for the first time in a while he made her feel like one. Bree thought about her response carefully before answering him. "I was born this way...I had my first...change...when I was 16".

"Hmm...Really now...Are there any others like you out there that I gotta worry about?" Negan continued.

 "No...well, I don't know. I got separated from my pack when things started to get really bad and I haven't come across any like me ever since" Bree said looking away. 

"Your pack?" Negan inquired, quirking an eye brow.

 "Yeah...They are the ones who took me in...It's a long story but they saved me and they were the ones who taught me about what I am."

 Bree was trying to be careful about what she told him. Negan smirked at her. She hoped that he wasn't seeing through her and seeing that she wasn't 100% telling the truth. 

"Well, it's a good thing I cleared my books today, we have all the time in the world, so please...continue" Negan said straightening up.

 Bree swallowed hard. "What do you want to know?" She asked.