Part 20: Intercepted

Negan had plenty of time to think about the days events on his way back to the Sanctuary. Bree was still unconscious in the back seat and it was just the two of them in his truck, leading the convoy. 

Deep down he felt bad for pulling her away from her family, but she did offer herself up to save Alexandria and Negan felt like there was a reason why she wanted to get away. Before she found them, she always talked about her family and how much she missed them and he had a hunch that something must have happened for her to offer herself to him right from the get go.

Truthfully, he had full intentions of leaving her there with her family, but he still had an image to uphold and with the stunt she pulled, he couldn't exactly just look the other way. He couldn't say that he was disappointed that she was so willing to go back with him like that. Now that he understood why she reacted the way she did at the line up, he felt like the two of them could come to an understanding and maybe their relationship could go back to the way it was. 

He found her fascinating, not only for what she was but who she was. He admired how she refused to take any shit from him and she was one of the few people he could have a conversation with that wasn't based off of fear or ass-kissing.

 Plus he felt like he could truly rely on her and she was one of the few people in this world, maybe even the only person in this world where it was genuine and wasn't based off of the need to impress or what she could gain from him for helping him out or saving his life. 

Everything that happened in the line up, he knew that she was just up against a rock and a very hard place and she reacted in fear for her family. Hell, he would have probably reacted the same in her shoes. 

 She just had a fire in her that not even a bad guy like him could put out, and that was something he respected in a woman. 

As Negan was driving, ever so deep in his thoughts, He was jerked out of them by a loud explosion going off up above the mountain that he was leading the Saviors right under. As he looked up, he heard more explosions go off behind him and he looked into the mirror to see a line of them forming after the first one. 

"SHIT!" he cursed as he pressed down all the way on the gas pedal. Just then, the explosions caused a land slide and a series of boulders came rushing down, colliding into the convoy behind him and sent them tumbling down the hill, completely wiping them out.

Negan felt his heart beating rapidly as he raced to avoid being hit but he wasn't quick enough. A giant rock came crashing down through the trees and shrubbery and clipped the side of his tail gate, knocking his truck off of the road.

 Negan slammed on the gas to try to climb back up the mountain but it was no use as the back end began to slide down. The sand was too loose for his wheels to get a grip and once the truck started to slide, there was nothing he could do. The truck slide down and once it turned sideways it did a rotation before crashing at the bottom of the mountain with the rest of his men.

Bree began to stir away and she felt very sore. Not just in her head from where she got hit but all over her body. She felt like she got hit by a bus and when she finally opened her eyes, she couldn't believe what she saw. She was laying on the roof inside Negan's upside down truck and Negan was no where to be found. She had a sheer moment of panic, not having a clue how she ended up like this and she tried her best to calm herself. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she tried to tune her sensed into her environment. 

She smelt gun powder, smoke...and blood.

As she looked around, she could hear voices a little ways behind the truck and she tried to wiggle out of her spot to see what she was dealing with. As she moved around, she could see the shine of Lucille's barbs sticking out of the front seat and her heart dropped. Negan was rarely seen without that thing and she knew that this couldn't be good.