Part 43: Just Look At All That Pain

Bree began to gradually stir awake and she felt like she had a hangover from hell. Her whole body was sore, she had a headache, and the worst case of cotton mouth she had ever experienced . She still couldn't find the energy to open her eyes so she just laid there, not ready to deal with the world just yet.

She frowned as everything started to come back to her. 

Her family had came back for her. 

That would have meant something but she had another pressing feeling of remorse clouding over her that she couldn't find the will to feel any happiness.

...Negan...

As soon as his name appeared in her mind, she got a flash of memories that hit her like a freight train. She remembered the last thing she saw was Negan kneeling down in front of Rick, clenching his throat and covered in blood.

...His blood...

Her eyes jolted open as she gasped. She hastily looked around to check out her surroundings and she felt a wave a panic wash over her.

 She was in a cage.

 A cell that was very similar to the one that her family had back at Stone Haven in the basement. It looked exactly the same with a mattress on the floor.

Bree attempted to stand only to be knocked down by her own exhaust, still feeling very dizzy and groggy from what ever they injected her with. 

Bree growled at the memory.

She heard a throat clear from the far corner of the room and she jerked her head in the direction of it. 

Jeremy was sitting in a chair with his arms crossed, staring at her.

Bree's eyes widened as she dramatically jumped back to the part of the cell that was the furthest away from him. She tried to growl but her throat was so dry, it sent her into a coughing fit and she had trouble catching her breath. Jeremy's eyes softened and he reached down to pick up a glass of water by his feet and stood up to bring the glass over to Bree.

Not taking his eyes off of her, he slowly passed the water through the bars and said "Here, drink this, it will make you feel better."

Once he set the cup down he backed away from the cell and continued to watch Bree as she eyed the cup as if it's contents were poison. Jeremy sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Bree, just drink it. I have no reason to drug you if you are already in a cell and I know you would smell it if there was anything other than water in there" Jeremy said bluntly.

Bree blinked her eyes at him and realized his words to be true, though this did not stop her from hesitating. She slowly leaned over to grab the glass and proceeded to chug every last drop. 

He was right, it did make her feel better.

Once the glass was empty, Bree set it down on the floor next to her and wiped her mouth of a few stray drops, and looked at Jeremy.

 "Where's Negan?" She asked, praying that he was okay.

Jeremy paused before he answered her. "Never mind him, let's worry about you first. How are you feeling?" He asked, trying to change the subject. 

Bree didn't answer. 

"Where is everyone?" She asked another question, since he wasn't going to tell her about Negan.

"Nick is out on a run and Clay and Elena are upstairs. I wanted to be the first one to talk to you, seems we have a lot to catch up on" Jeremy replied with furrowed eye brows.